Lordie, God's Message For You Today, July 25, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for July 25, 2010

Dear Lordie,

Each Sunday is a Mini-Easter. Show that Jesus is alive today!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


25
July
Sunday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

JUST AS I PRAYED FOR
 
“For everyone who asks, receives; and one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.” – Luke 11:10
 
I needed to go to a hospital in Quezon City to secure a copy of the biopsy and surgery records of my client as part of the requirement for her application for an insurance plan. But we didn’t have a maid then and I was swamped with chores. I thought, “Why don’t I try and call the records department of the hospital and request for the documents to be sent to me via e-mail?” It was a long shot but I tried anyway. Before I made the call, I prayed that the Lord allow me to speak to a person who would understand my situation and willingly help me.
Ms. Emily was the kind lady who took my call. After a brief explanation of my plight, she immediately acted on my request. To top it all, my client’s application was approved. I truly believe the Lord gives us what we pray for, that is, if what we ask for is in accordance to His will and for our good. But He also teaches us to be specific with what we pray for and thankful for what we receive. In answering our prayers, all that God expects from us is to ask from our hearts and seek His presence so that He could open for us the heavenly door of endless possibilities.Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What have you asked from the Lord in prayer these past days?
 
Heavenly Father, hear and answer my prayer in accordance to Your  will and kindness.Amen.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Abraham intercedes for the people of Sodom. We, too, must learn to intercede for the world’s conversion to Christ. It is only through the persevering commitment of faithful disciples that the Gospel will go forth to the ends of the earth. This is our challenge in this generation. What are you doing to ensure that the Gospel is proclaimed to all men and women today?
 
Genesis 18:20-32
20 In those days, the LORD said: “The outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great, and their sin so grave, 21 that I must go down and see whether or not their actions fully correspond to the cry against them that comes to me. I mean to find out.” 22 While the two men walked on farther toward Sodom, the LORD remained standing before Abraham. 23 Then Abraham drew nearer to him and said: “Will you sweep away the innocent with the guilty? 24 Suppose there were fifty innocent people in the city; would you wipe out the place, rather than spare it for the sake of the fifty innocent people within it? 25 Far be it from you to do such a thing, to make the innocent die with the guilty, so that the innocent and the guilty would be treated alike! Should not the judge of all the world act with justice?” 26 The LORD replied, “If I find fifty innocent people in the city of Sodom, I will spare the whole place for their sake.” 27 Abraham spoke up again: “See how I am presuming to speak to my Lord, though I am but dust and ashes! 28 What if there are five less than fifty innocent people? Will you destroy the whole city because of those five?” “I will not destroy it,” he answered, “if I find forty-five there.” 29 But Abraham persisted, saying, “What if only forty are found there?” He replied, “I will forebear doing it for the sake of the forty.” 30 Then he said, “Let not my Lord grow impatient if I go on. What if only thirty are found there?” He replied, “I will forebear doing it if I can find but thirty there.” 31 Still he went on, “Since I have thus dared to speak to my Lord, what if there are no more than twenty?” “I will not destroy it,” he answered, “for the sake of the twenty.” 32 But he still persisted: “Please, let not my Lord grow angry if I speak up this last time. What if there are at least ten there?” “For the sake of those ten,” he replied, “I will not destroy it.”
 
P S A L M
Psalm 138:1-2, 2-3, 6-7, 7-8 (3a)
R: Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
1 I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise; 2 I will worship at your holy temple and give thanks to your name. (R) Because of your kindness and your truth; for you have made great above all things your name and your promise. 3 When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me. (R) 6 The LORD is exalted, yet the lowly he sees, and the proud he knows from afar. 7 Though I walk amid distress, you preserve me; against the anger of my enemies you raise your hand. (R) Your right hand saves me. 8 The LORD will complete what he has done for me; your kindness, O LORD, endures forever; forsake not the work of your hands. (R)
 
2nd READING
 
A proper understanding of Baptism is essential to the life of discipleship as it is the very basis for it. We need to know, understand and experience that we have died to sin through the sacrament and that we have been raised to new life with Him in His resurrection. We need to experience this power of transformation at work in our lives by surrendering all we are to the grace and mercy of God.
 
Colossians 2:12-14
12 Brothers and sisters: You were buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the power of God, who raised him from the dead. 13 And even when you were dead in transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, he brought you to life along with him, having forgiven us all our transgressions; 14 obliterating the bond against us, with its legal claims, which was opposed to us, he also removed it from our midst, nailing it to the cross.
 
G O S P E L
Perseverance in prayer is essential if we want to get what we are asking for from God. Just like any human being, God looks into our desire when considering gifting us with His graces. The greater our desire to do His will, the more likely we are to receive His grace as He will know that we are less likely to waste the grace given to us. Let us seek to grow in our desire for the Kingdom of God, and thus grow in obedience to God’s will.
 
Luke 11:1-13
1 Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he had finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray just as John taught his disciples.” 2 He said to them, “When you pray, say: Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. 3 Give us each day our daily bread 4 and forgive us our sins for we ourselves forgive everyone in debt to us, and do not subject us to the final test.” 5 And he said to them, “Suppose one of you has a friend to whom he goes at midnight and says, ‘Friend, lend me three loaves of bread, 6 for a friend of mine has arrived at my house from a journey and I have nothing to offer him,’ 7 and he says in reply from within, ‘Do not bother me; the door has already been locked and my children and I are already in bed. I cannot get up to give you anything.’ 8 I tell you, if he does not get up to give him the loaves because of their friendship, he will get up to give him whatever he needs because of his persistence. 9 “And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. 11 What father among you would hand his son a snake when he asks for a fish? 12 Or hand him a scorpion when he asks for an egg? 13 If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him?”
 
my reflections
t h i n k : What are you doing to ensure that the Gospel is proclaimed to all men and women today?
 
 
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR  Judith 5-8
 SABBATH PAUSE
My weekly time with God
THANK YOU LIST
Things to be grateful for from the past week
________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
SPECIAL NEEDS
Things to ask God for in the coming week
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
HIDDEN TREASURE
Most important word God told me this week
________________________________________________________________
 
________________________________________________________________
 
________________________________________________________________
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

PERSEVERANCE AND DISCIPLESHIP
 
Perseverance is a precious gift. It is something to be encouraged in the young as it will ultimately fulfil their potential as adults. Yes, some people can be extraordinarily gifted that it seems everything they do is a success. But there will come a day when more than “dumb luck” will be required to gain the desired result. There will come a time when persevance to the end will be the only path to success.
Jesus knows the necessity of perseverance so He encourages us in today’s Gospel to never give up looking for the grace necessary to fulfill His will in our lives. We can be sure that God will never ask us to do something that is impossible for us to accomplish without His grace. However, more often than not, acquiring this grace and putting it to work will require a lot of perseverance and will power. I’d like to reflect on the decisions that Jesus had to make in His life and ask myself what would I have done in His situation. Who would I want for apostles? Would I have gone ahead in the Garden of Gethsemane knowing what was in store for me? And so on. Our lives are made up of numerous decisions and responses to the grace of God. The life of a disciple is one whereby such decisions and responses are made with a particular goal in mind: the Kingdom of God.
All of us must learn and choose to persevere with the grace that God gives us so that we can stand before Him on Judgment Day and tell Him we have accomplished His mission for us. This must be the goal of our lives, one that we will surely achieve if we persevere in faith and loyalty to God’s Kingdom. Let us choose to persevere in the will of God and not according to the passing fancies of a world that has lost its sense of direction when it comes to true human fulfillment.Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
Do I tend to give up when the going gets tough or do I tough it out and persevere to the end?
 
Jesus, help me to see that the Kingdom of God is worth any amount of my blood. Thank You for giving me the grace to persevere in Your will.
 
St. Theodemir, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday

9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

Preacher: Bo Sanchez

 

Pasig

Sunday

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

Preachers: George Gabriel and Obet Cabrillas 

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Preacher: Eng Si

 

South

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.     

Cinema 10, Festival Mall, Alabang                       
Preacher: Arun Gogna         

Rizal
Sunday                                            9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.           
Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal                             Preacher: Pio Espanol

 

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.

San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

Preacher:  Chito Manaois

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Roofdeck, Prestige Tower,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City           
Preacher: Vic Espanol

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Preachers: Randy Borromeo and George Gabriel

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila         
Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Angeles

1st & 3rd Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Professional Bldg., Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City                              Preacher: Marvin Tan

 

Laguna

Saturday, arter the 4:00 pm Mass - 6:30 pm.                       
2/F Activity Center, Pavillion Mall, Km. 35 San Antonio, Binan, Laguna

Preacher: Hermie Morelos

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan Preacher: Alvin Barcelona 

 

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

8. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

9. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

10. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

11. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

12. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

13. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, July 25, 2010”

Post a Comment