Lordie, God's Message For You Today, May 20, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for May 20, 2010

Dear Lordie,

Follow Him all the way this Thursday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


20
May
Thursday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

witness
 
“Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.” – Acts 23:11
 
“If there is a God, why would He let so many horrible things happen? I wonder why when a child is saved from a burning building or gets a miracle cure for cancer, people praise God. But when a 9/11 happens, He does not get the condemnation. If I can get around these questions, I will have a better chance of restoring a faith long since lost.” This e-mail came from my Irish colleague Derek based in Singapore, who was still grieving the death of his toddler son.
Can I lead him back? We had animated debates at work but managed to talk about life whenever he was in town. In between, I would forward inspirational text messages. He would be amazed how each message came as a timely answer to a dilemma.
Before he left the company, he wrote, “In many ways, Marie, I have a very deep respect for people like you who have been through personal challenges and have come out the other side with the help of your faith.”
I did not preach. But if in the process of walking my faith his would be restored, what a blessing! Marie Franco (rfranco@its.jnj.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Did God allow me to cross paths with a non-believer to bear witness?
 
Use me, O Lord.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Paul is no fool and he is not beyond turning his enemies on to each other if it might be to his benefit and, more importantly, to the benefit of the Gospel. Even in captivity he is still able to proclaim the Good News to his captors and to meet with those who come to see him for advice. Paul does not think of his own welfare first but of that of the Church. What an inspiration!
 
Acts 22:30; 23:6-11
30 Wishing to determine the truth about why Paul was being accused by the Jews, the commander freed him and ordered the chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin to convene. Then he brought Paul down and made him stand before them. 23: 6 Paul was aware that some were Sadducees and some Pharisees, so he called out before the Sanhedrin, “My brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of Pharisees; I am on trial for hope in the resurrection of the dead.” 7 When he said this, a dispute broke out between the Pharisees and Sadducees, and the group became divided. 8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection or angels or spirits, while the Pharisees acknowledge all three. 9 A great uproar occurred, and some scribes belonging to the Pharisee party stood up and sharply argued, “We find nothing wrong with this man. Suppose a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?” 10 The dispute was so serious that the commander, afraid that Paul would be torn to pieces by them, ordered his troops to go down and rescue him from their midst and take him into the compound. 11 The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.”
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 16:1-2a, 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11
R: Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.
1 Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; 2 I say to the LORD,
“My Lord are you.” 5 O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot. (R) 7 I bless the LORD who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. 8 I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. (R) 9 Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in confidence. 10 Because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world, nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption. (R) 11 You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
Jesus tells His disciples that work of the Gospel will extend beyond them to others. The Gospel has been entrusted to us and thus we need to do what we can to pass on the Good News of our salvation to as many people as we can. Jesus has a place in His plan of salvation for us all; let us seek it out and live it as faithfully as we can.
 
John 17:20-26
20 Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed, saying: “I pray not only for them, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. 22 And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me. 26 I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them.”
1 Samuel 13-16
my reflections
t h i n k : The Gospel has been entrusted to us and thus we need to do what we can to pass on the Good News to as many people as we can.
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR  1Samuel 13-16  
 
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

ONE BUT NOT THE SAME
 
Jesus’ “high priestly prayer” ends today. Today’s Gospel is exactly what rhetoricians of old would call “peroration.” Peroration is that part of a speech that, among other things, restates the speaker’s main theme with an added emotional emphasis.
With all the four chapters of His prayer (14-17) in John, one theme stands: Jesus is leaving His disciples, but will return. “I will not leave you orphans,” He says. He will be gone from their sight but, in a mysterious yet real way, remain with His disciples if they are faithful to His teaching. Just before He gives an “amen” to His long after-dinner speech or prayer, Jesus repeats this theme, but with a new twist. Jesus seems concerned only not with the apostles who were physically gathered around Him that evening; He widens the scope of His solicitude by embracing all “those who will believe” in Him through the words of His apostles. He promises that the future generations of His disciples will also continually enjoy His presence. All Christians from the time of the apostles up until ours are included in the prayer that Jesus offered to the Father as a “grace after meals” of the Last Supper.
“Father, may they be one, just as You and I are one,” Jesus prayed. But, sadly, we remain disunited. Out of the total population of Christians, only 60 to 63 percent are in union with the Pope, the appointed vicar of Christ on earth. Serious conflicts among different Christian churches gave birth, first to the orthodox churches of the East, next to the Protestant churches of the West. The Protestant break-off eventually led to further fragmentation, so that today we are witnesses to the reality that the protesting churches are divided and subdivided into sects. More than allegations of sexual misbehavior and more than even the inquisition of medieval times, disunity is Christianity’s greatest scandal.
If we do dare pray with Jesus His “high priestly prayer,” is the “amen” that we give His peroration? If not, then, in our small and big ways, let us sow seeds of unity with all Christians and create more avenues for true collaborative mission in the world. Fr. Bobby Titco
 
Reflection Question:
Disunity is Christianity’s greatest scandal.
 
May we be united, Jesus, as You and the Father are united. Heal every wound of division among those who bear the name “Christian.” Amen.
 
St. Aquila, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

Run a Kilometer for Kerygma

K for K

The 2010 Kerygma Fun Raiser

For details check out  www.lightfam.com/kfork 

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

 

Pasig

Sunday

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

Preacher: Bo Sanchez

 

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club

Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Preacher: Eng Si

 

South

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.     

Cinema 10, Festival Mall, Alabang                       
Preacher: Arun Gogna         

Rizal
Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.                     
Valley Fair,  Taytay,Rizal                             Preacher: Pio Espanol

 

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.

San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

Preacher:  Chito Manaois

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Roofdeck, Prestige Tower,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City           
Preacher: Vic Espanol

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Preachers: Randy Borromeo and George Gabriel

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila         
Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Angeles

1st & 3rd Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Professional Bldg., Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City                              Preacher: Marvin Tan

 

Laguna

Saturday, arter the 4:00 pm Mass - 6:30 pm.                       
2/F Activity Center, Pavillion Mall, Km. 35 San Antonio, Binan, Laguna

Preacher: Hermie Morelos

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan Preacher: Alvin Barcelona 

 

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

8. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

9. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

10. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

11. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

12. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

13. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, May 20, 2010”

Post a Comment