Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 15, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for April 15, 2011

Dear Lordie,

This Friday, work with Him at your side.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

A Note from Tina:
Thank you for your decision to support the work and ministry of your KerygmaFamily. Just in case you're having problems sending your love offering of , please email Tina at support@kerygmafamily.com or call at   (+632) 9312711  (+632) 9312711   or   +639178424101  +639178424101  .

 

 


15
April
Friday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

A Servant’s Reward
 
“But the Lord is a mighty champion; my persecutors will stumble, they will not triumph.” – Jeremiah 20:11
 
At the start of the year, our company was put to a test. The owners of the equipment we had been renting decided to sell the equipment. We thought that it was unfair to us when we were not given the right to first refusal in buying the equipment.
We had been renting the equipment for almost a decade and given the equipment owner all that was due him and other revenues that was larger in share than what we had. Of all the bidders, foreign companies included, we were the weakest in terms of financial capability. We did not have enough assets as collateral to show in case we had to borrow money. We had reasons to worry.
I reminded my husband who managed the equipment that it was God’s blessing to us as His trustworthy stewards and faithful servants.
I kept my faith throughout this trial and claimed a servant’s reward for my husband. The bidding was declared a failure, our operations continued and we did not have to be indebted. God truly championed our fight and our main competitors just faded away. Donna España (donna.espana@yahoo.com)
15
REFLECTION:
What a mighty God we serve! Bow before Him and adore Him.
 
O God, as I seek Your face, may I see Your glory shining through me for as long as I live.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Jeremiah’s life as a prophet was not a happy one. He had so many enemies that I think he rarely had much peace. He was constantly moving around to avoid arrest or abduction. Yet he continued to be faithful to his calling. This is the sort of commitment we must pray for as we seek to grow as disciples of Jesus today.
 
Jeremiah 20:10-13
10 I hear the whisperings of many: “Terror on every side! Denounce! Let us denounce him!” All those who were my friends are on the watch for any misstep of mine. “Perhaps he will be trapped; then we can prevail, and take our vengeance on him.” 11 But the LORD is with me, like a mighty champion; my persecutors will stumble, they will not triumph. In their failure they will be put to utter shame, to lasting, unforgettable confusion. 12 O LORD of hosts, you who test the just, who probe mind and heart, let me witness the vengeance you take on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause. 13 Sing to the LORD, praise the LORD, for he has rescued the life of the poor from the power of the wicked!
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 18:2-3, 3-4, 5-6, 7
R: In my distress I called upon the Lord, and he heard my voice.
1 [2] I love you, O LORD, my strength, 2 [3] O LORD, my rock, my fortress, my deliverer. (R) My God, my rock of refuge, my shield, the horn of my salvation, my stronghold! 3 [4] Praised be the LORD, I exclaim, and I am safe from my enemies. (R) 4 [5] The breakers of death surged round about me, the destroying floods overwhelmed me; 5 [6] the cords of the nether world enmeshed me, the snares of death overtook me. (R) 6 [7] In my distress I called upon the LORD and cried out to my God; from his temple he heard my voice, and my cry to him reached his ears. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
Jesus tells the Jews that ultimately His works will vindicate Him. It is a person’s works that are his or her lasting legacy. The same is true for us. How do you want to be remembered, if at all, by the generations that follow you? It is important that we answer this question if we want to have some idea of how we should live our lives now. Your and my legacy will depend directly upon the deeds we perform in this life.
 
VERSE BEFORE THE GOSPEL
Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life; you have the words of everlasting life.
 
John 10:31-42
31 The Jews picked up rocks to stone Jesus. 32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?” 33 The Jews answered him, “We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.” 34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your law, ‘I said, “You are gods” ’? 35 If it calls them gods to whom the word of God came, and scripture cannot be set aside, 36 can you say that the one whom the Father has consecrated and sent into the world blasphemes because I said, ‘I am the Son of God’? 37 If I do not perform my Father’s works, do not believe me; 38 but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, believe the works, so that you may realize and understand that the Father is in me and I am in the Father.” 39 [Then] they tried again to arrest him; but he escaped from their power. 40 He went back across the Jordan to the place where John first baptized, and there he remained. 41 Many came to him and said, “John performed no sign, but everything John said about this man was true.”
42 And many there began to believe in him.
my reflections
t h i n k : Y our and my legacy will depend directly upon the deeds we perform in this life.
 
 God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 1 Chronicles 11-12
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

DO NOT MISUSE THE LORD’S NAME
 
Blasphemy is a disrespectful attitude towards the character of God. It is the improper use of God’s name. The Israelites were very conscious of this: to use the name of God in vain was a serious sin. Even to pronounce the name “God” was held in utmost respect. That is why they used the term “Yahweh” (YHWH), an abbreviated term meaning “Lord God.” In recent times, Pope Benedict XVI has recommended that the Church change names of songs with the word Yahweh (e.g. “Yahweh, I Know You Are Near”) out of respect towards the holy name of God. Too often in our own lives, we tend to use the name of God rather casually in speech.
Blasphemy was the sin that ultimately provoked the authorities to crucify Jesus. He claimed to be Messiah, which, according to them, was an improper use of the name of God. He even said that He was the son of God, something that absolutely infuriated the crowds. Moreover, Jesus states those awesome words, “I AM”— the only words attributed to the Lord God. Remember at the burning bush, God disclosed His name to Moses as “I AM WHO I AM.”
The punishment due to blasphemy was stoning. It was a capital crime and the community had the right to punish this act by stoning. In the Gospel, the Jews picked up rocks to stone Him. St. Stephen, the first martyr for the faith, was stoned to death. Paul himself experienced this punishment in his life. Jesus is stoned for speaking the truth. He is misunderstood and they seek to arrest Him. John tells us that Jesus escapes from their power.
The respect the Jews showed towards the name of God should be a lesson for us. How often do I casually mention the Lord’s name? Do I recognize this as blasphemy? Anything other than worship and adoration of the Lord’s name is blasphemy. We, as Christians, need to be exceedingly vigilant in the way we relate with others as regards our speech, never calling on the name of the Lord in false ways. Let our conduct as Christians be always worthy of the name of the Lord. Fr. Brian Steele, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
Do I use the Lord’s name in vain? For example, “Oh God!” or the famous Filipino expression,
 
Susmaryosep! (Jesus-Maria-Joseph!)” Blessed be Your holy name, Lord Jesus. Jesus, Mary and Joseph, I love You. Save souls. Amen.
 
St. Mundus, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

 

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang 

Sunday (3 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU (No Feast on 4/19/11)

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 15, 2011”

Post a Comment