Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 14, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for April 14, 2011

Dear Lordie,

Never lose sight of Jesus this Thursday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

14
April
Thursday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

I AM
 
Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.” – John 8:58
 
Two words that Jesus spoke about Himself have meant so many things to me through the good times and the bad.
When I am on a roll, I hear Him saying, “I am your Cheerleader. You’re doing great!”
When I am going through a difficult trial, I hear Him saying, “I am your Champion. We will overcome this.”
When I feel down and have no one to talk to, I hear Him saying, “I am your Best Friend. Talk to me.”
When I worry about a certain lack, I hear Him saying, “I am the Great Provider. I will take care of you.”
When I grow weary, I hear Him saying, “I am your Hiding Place. Come rest in Me.”
When I am simply happy, I hear Him saying, “I am your Buddy. I am rejoicing with you.”
I can add a hundred more roles to the words “I Am” because I know that God will be everything I need Him to be. The God of Abraham — the Great I Am — is still the same God we know today. He has kept His covenant, and will continue to meet us where we are.Nova Arias (nova.svp@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What has the Great I Am been to you?
 
Thank You, dear God, for being everything I need.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING in one year
 
For the Jewish people a change of name was a big event as a person’s name carried profound meaning of their identity and mission. It is good to reflect upon Abram’s change to Abraham as it changes the literal meaning of his name from “father of a nation” to “father of the nations.” Abraham’s fatherhood is a fatherhood of faith and not necessarily a physical one as St. Paul will teach us in Romans 4. Let us seek to be sons and daughters of Abraham by being men and women of faith.
 
Genesis 17:3-9
3 When Abram prostrated himself, God continued to speak to him: 4 “My covenant with you is this: you are to become the father of a host of nations. 5 No longer shall you be called Abram; your name shall be Abraham, for I am making you the father of a host of nations. 6 I will render you exceedingly fertile; I will make nations of you; kings shall stem from you. 7 I will maintain my covenant with you and your descendants after you throughout the ages as an everlasting pact, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 I will give to you and to your descendants after you the land in which you are now staying, the whole land of Canaan, as a permanent possession; and I will be their God.” 9 God also said to Abraham: “On your part, you and your descendants after you must keep my covenant throughout the ages.”
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 105:4-5, 6-7, 8-9
R: The Lord remembers his covenant forever.
4 Look to the LORD in his strength; seek to serve him constantly. 5 Recall the wondrous deeds that he has wrought, his portents, and the judgments he has uttered. (R) 6 You descendants of Abraham, his servants, sons of Jacob, his chosen ones! 7 He, the LORD, is our God; throughout the earth his judgments prevail. (R) 8 He remembers forever his covenant which he made binding for a thousand generations — 9 which he entered into with Abraham and by his oath to Isaac. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
The Jews are too concerned with this physical life in the world. Jesus is speaking here of eternal realities of which they seemingly know very little. It is time for them to look beyond the immediate worries of their lives and begin to position themselves for the goal of eternal life. Only from this perspective will they begin to understand the teachings of Jesus and be inclined to accept His message.
 
VERSE BEFORE THE GOSPEL
If today you hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
 
John 8:51-59
51 Jesus said to the Jews: “Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever keeps my word will never see death.” 52 [So] the Jews said to him, “Now we are sure that you are possessed. Abraham died, as did the prophets, yet you say, ‘Whoever keeps my word will never taste death.’ 53 Are you greater than our father Abraham, who died? Or the prophets, who died? Who do you make yourself out to be?” 54 Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is worth nothing; but it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’ 55 You do not know him, but I know him. And if I should say that I do not know him, I would  be like you a liar. But I do know him and I keep his word. 56 Abraham your father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad. 57 So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old and you have seen Abraham?” 58 Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.” 59 So they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area.
 
my reflections
t h i n k : Let us seek to be sons and daughters of Abraham by being men and women of faith.
 
 God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 1 Chronicles 9-10
 
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

BLESSED IS YOUR NAME
 
Do you know that your name has a wonderful identity? Your name is special. Given to you at birth, your name has marked you out as an incredible human being. Your name is significant and worthy of much respect in the eyes of God. So what is in a name?
You will notice that throughout the Bible, people have a new name given to them. For example, in today’s first reading, Abram is called Abraham. Later on Sarai becomes Sarah. The names of the figures in the Old Testament signify a special service that these people will perform before the Lord. Even in the New Testament, we see Jesus giving new names to His people: Simon becomes Peter, Levi becomes Matthew and Saul becomes Paul, the great missionary to the Gentiles.
Abram, “exalted father,” becomes Abraham “father of many nations.” He becomes our “father in the faith.” In the person of Abraham, we see such humble obedience and submission to the Lord God. This is why the religious authorities and other Jews of Jesus’ day (and even nowadays) highly respect and honor their father, Abraham.
God makes a covenant with Abraham, the sign being that of circumcision. This was to symbolize that they are a people consecrated to the Lord, set apart and belonging to God. Constantly, we hear the summons of the prophets, “I will be your God and you will be my people.”
The story of Abraham is a wonderful story full of morals for us. Ever since Abram was called by God to leave his homeland, his whole journey was a pilgrimage of faith in the Lord. We learn of his complete and utter trust in the Lord even to the point of giving up his son for the Lord. He is an exemplar to us in his faith, hope and trust in the Lord.
The one who trusts in the Lord receives many blessings. Are we willing to completely trust in the Lord, even if it means giving up the things that we most love and admire? If we place our trust in the Lord, the God of Abraham will certainly reward us. Let us not hesitate to place our trust in the Lord. Hope in Him and you will see Him act in your life. Fr. Brian Steele, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
What is your name? What does it mean?
 
Thank You, Lord, for the wonder of my name. In Your holy name, I am blessed. Amen.
 
St. Ardalion, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

 

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang 

Sunday (3 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU (No Feast on 4/19/11)

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 14, 2011”

Post a Comment