Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 9, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for April 9, 2011

Dear Lordie,

Be filled with God?s joy this Saturday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

9
April
Saturday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

REVENGE LIST
 
“But, O Lord Almighty, you who judge righteously and test the heart and mind, let me see your vengeance upon them, for to you I have committed my cause.” – Jeremiah 11:20
 
It was an old episode of The Simpsons that I watched when I was a kid that gave me an idea to write my own revenge list. I didn’t really know much about revenge, but I thought it was cool, so I took my diary and wrote down names of people I wanted vengeance from. After I made my list, I started thinking of ways to exact revenge from them.
I never got to do anything because my mom found my list and I got an earful from her about how revenge is bad and all that. I didn’t understand it then, because I thought that what I did wasn’t wrong. In fact, I thought it was just right — the people I listed wronged me first, and I thought they deserved to get something from me as payback.
How immature that thinking was. Now that I’m older and know better, I’ve learned to keep a prayer list instead. It’s not my place to plan on payback, but it is my place to pray for the ones who wrong me and ask God to help me forgive them. Tina Matanguihan (tina.matanguihan@gmail.com)
9
REFLECTION:
“There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness.” (Josh Billings)
 
Father, I lift up all those who persecute me.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
Jeremiah’s life as a prophet was not an easy one. He had many people working against him as they did not appreciate his honesty in calling them to repentance and conversion to a life of holiness. It seems to me that we need a few more Jeremiahs today. We know deep in our own hearts that there is a reluctance to repent of our sins and conversion to a life of holiness is not a very convenient road to walk, as it is a lot of work! Yet, this is the call at the heart of the Gospel and we must respond to it.
 
Jeremiah 11:18-20
18 I knew their plot because the LORD informed me; at that time you, O LORD, showed me their doings. 19 Yet, I, like a trusting lamb led to slaughter, had not realized that they were hatching plots against me: “Let us destroy the tree in its vigor; let us cut him off from the land of the living, so that his name will be spoken no more.” 20 But you, O Lord of hosts, O just Judge, searcher of mind and heart, let me witness the vengeance you take on them, for to you I have entrusted my cause!
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 7:2-3, 9-10, 11-12
R: O Lord, my God, in you I take refuge.
1 [2] O LORD, my God, in you I take refuge; save me from all my pursuers and rescue me, 2 [3] lest I become like the lion’s prey, to be torn to pieces, with no one to rescue me. (R) 8 [9] Do me justice, O LORD, because I am just, and because of the innocence that is mine. 9 [10] Let the malice of the wicked come to an end, but sustain the just, O searcher of heart and soul, O just God. (R) 10 [11] A shield before me is God, who saves the upright of heart; 11 [12] a just judge is God, a God who punishes day by day. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
Powerful people often have a disregard for the processes of the law as they think they are above it. In other words, they think they are no better than the law as it is written or that it does not apply to them because of their position in society. Maybe people can get away with such an attitude depending on their connections to the corridors of power, but there is one thing most certain. They will have to give an account of their abuses on Judgment Day.
 
VERSE BEFORE THE GOSPEL
Blessed are they who have kept the word with a generous heart and yield a harvest through perseverance.
 
John 7:40-53
40 Some in the crowd who heard these words of Jesus said, “This is truly the Prophet.” 41 Others said, “This is the Christ.” But others said, “The Christ will not come from Galilee, will he? 42 Does not scripture say that the Christ will be of David’s family and come from Bethlehem, the village  where David lived?” 43 So a division occurred in the crowd because of him. 44 Some of them even wanted to arrest him, but no one laid hands on him. 45 So the guards went to the chief priests and Pharisees, who asked them, “Why did you not bring him?” 46 The guards answered, “Never before has anyone spoken like this one.” 47 So the Pharisees answered them, “Have you also been deceived? 48 Have any of the authorities or the Pharisees believed in him? 49 But this crowd, which does not know the law, is accursed.” 50 Nicodemus, one of their members who had come to him earlier, said to them, 51 “Does our law condemn a person before it first hears him and finds out what he is doing?” 52 They answered and said to him, “You are not from Galilee also, are you? Look and see that no prophet arises from Galilee.” 53 Then each went to his own house.
 
my reflections
t h i n k : A life of holiness is not a very convenient road to walk, as it is a lot of work! Yet, this is the call at the heart of the Gospel and we must respond to it.
 
 God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 2 Kings 21-25
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

THE OBEDIENT SERVANT
 
Jeremiah tends to be a pitiful character in the Old Testament. He is always in trouble with his fellowmen, mainly because they grow weary of the prophet’s call to repentance and how destruction awaits their beloved nation if they do not come clean. This weeping prophet was summoned by God to call the people to repentance in the event of an attack of higher and mightier forces of power, namely Assyria and Babylonia.
The three short verses we have in today’s first reading are full of similarities in the life of Jesus, particularly His Passion. First, there is revelation and insight. God reveals to Jeremiah the plot that the wicked men are planning to do with his life. He is given insight and revelation by the Lord that this is their doing. Jesus, too, was aware of His fate as the prophet.
Second, there is sacrifice. Jeremiah, similar to Jesus, is  considered the lamb to be slaughtered. He was to be cut off from the land of the living so his name will be remembered no more. Jesus is the lamb that was led to the slaughterhouse. In fact, as tradition tells us, when Jesus carried the cross, it was the same time that the lambs were led to the slaughterhouse to be killed for the sacred offerings.
Third, there is trust. Jeremiah, in the face of his death, places his whole trust in the Lord. He commits his cause to the Lord, fully trusting and loving the Lord in all his days. His heart and mind are at rest because he believes that the Lord is the righteous one. Jesus, as He dies on the cross, also commends His life to God in His dying hours: “Into Your hands, Lord, I commend my spirit.” He has acted righteously in all His ways and entrusted everything into the hands of the Lord.
In just a few short verses, we have quite a comprehensive meditation as we continue to journey through the Lenten period with our eyes on the Lord.Fr. Brian Steele, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
When people are up against me or circumstances test my faith, do I willingly place my trust in the Lord?
 
Lord, I place my trust in You. Reveal to me Your will and help me to be obedient as Jesus and Jeremiah were in their lives. Amen.
 
St. Hedda, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

 

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Alabang 

Sunday (3 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.

San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

 

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

Angeles

2nd & 4th Friday, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Angeles City Library Bldg. Santo Entiero St., Angeles City                             

 

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09174358746/09228190198

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

CAP Bldg., Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 9, 2011”

Post a Comment