Lordie, God's Message For You Today, October 5, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for October 5, 2010

Dear Lordie,

God has a great plan for your life?including this Tuesday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


5
October
Tuesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

WORSHIPING HEART, SERVING HANDS
 
“There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.” – Luke 10:42
 
I was drawn to attend the prayer meetings because of worship. There was never a worship session that I was not moved to tears. Things changed when I was assigned a ministry. I was so “faithful” to every task assigned and was “promoted” from physical arrangement to music ministry to worship leader and was “prophesied” to preach. Very subtly, my desire for worship was diverted into an “addiction” to ministry. Late did I realize that I was then loving the service of the Lord and no longer the Lord of the service.
Author Rick Warren was right when he said that ministers start out as servants and end up as superstars. I learned this the hard way. I repented and availed anew of God’s grace. He brought back my first love: worshiping God in wild abandon! I learned that authentic ministry is only a fruit of spirit-deep worship. Hence, my secret of sustained spiritual balance and growth: a worshiping heart and serving hands.
This must be your better choice. It will not be taken away from you.Obet Cabrillas (kpreacherobet@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Am I loving the Lord of the service or merely the service of the Lord?
 
One thing I ask for, one thing I seek, to dwell in the house of the Lord and gaze on His beauty all the days of my life!
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
It is fairly obvious Paul writes to a majority Jewish Christian Community as he spends a fair bit of time outlining his credentials. Paul therefore knows intimately what he has left behind in the Jewish faith for the sake of conversion to Christ. We can see in his body of writings a great love for the Jews but there is an even greater love for Christ and the new way of life He offers.
 
Galatians 1:13-24
13 Brothers and sisters: You heard of my former way of life in Judaism, how I persecuted the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it, 14 and progressed in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my race, since I was even more a zealot for my ancestral traditions. 15 But when he, who from my mother’s womb had set me apart and called me through his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him to the  Gentiles, I did not immediately consult flesh and blood, 17 nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were apostles before me; rather, I went into Arabia and then returned to Damascus. 18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to confer with Kephas and remained with him for fifteen days. 19 But I did not see any other of the apostles, only James the brother of the Lord. 20 (As to what I am writing to you, behold, before God, I am not lying.) 21 Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22 And I was unknown personally to the churches of Judea that are in Christ; 23 they only kept hearing that “the one who once was persecuting us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” 24 So they glorified God because of me.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 139:1b-3, 13-14ab, 14c-15
R: Guide me, Lord, along the everlasting way.
1 O LORD, you have probed me and you know me; 2 you know when I sit and when I stand; you understand my thoughts from afar. 3 My journeys and my rest you scrutinize, with all my ways you are familiar. (R) 13 Truly you have formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb. 14 I give you thanks that I am fearfully, wonderfully made; wonderful are your works. (R) My soul also you knew full well; 15 nor was my frame unknown to you when I was made in secret, when I was fashioned in the depths of the earth. (R)
 
G O S P E L
Listening and serving are both important — we have to find time for them both. This is what is meant by “living a balanced life.” Each of us has to find the correct balance between being and doing in our lives. If we are all being, nothing practical will be accomplished; if we are all doing there is no surety that we will be doing the right things. For each of us, the balance will be a little different; there is no formula that can tell us how we should divide our time.
 
Luke 10:38-42
38 Jesus entered a village where a woman whose name was Martha welcomed him. 39 She had a sister named Mary who sat beside the Lord at his feet listening to him speak. 40 Martha, burdened with much serving, came to him and said, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me by myself to do the serving? Tell her to help me.” 41 The Lord said to her in reply, “Martha, Martha, you are anxious and worried about many things. 42 There is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part and it will not be taken from her.”
 
my reflections
think: Listening and serving are both important — we have to find time for both.
 
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR  Ecclesiastes 9-12
 
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

Contemplative in Action, The Best Part
 
Which is better, prayer or active service? To spend time with God or do acts of charity? These are the questions which the Gospel today clarifies to us. When Jesus visited their house, Martha, the busy body, went about preparing the Lord’s needs at once. Mary, the listener, sat beside the Lord and attentively received His words. Martha complained that Mary was not helping her. Jesus responded by telling her that Mary’s calm in spending time beside Him was better than her anxiety in serving the Lord.
Many of us can easily identify with Martha. We think we are worthy persons if we are work-oriented, measured by our output. Some work even on Sundays and holidays to earn more and find more meaning in their lives. Doing is seen as better than being.
It is for this reason that the Lord’s response to Martha is shocking, if not discouraging. Mary chose the better part. Did Jesus mean that we all stop working and spend most of our time in the chapel to pray? No. He meant that we must first listen to God before doing any kind of work. In the same way that a soldier would not go into battle without reporting to his commandant, a Christian should never go on doing services without meeting with the Lord. No matter how certain we are of the good, it is always best to seek God’s will in prayer before we do them. This way, service has more meaning and direction.
Jesus, though, did not mean that Martha did the unnecessary. If we are to avoid service without prayer, we must also avoid prayer without service. These are two extremes that have no place in the Christian faith. Service is good. Prayer is better. But contemplative action is the best. It consists of spending time first with God to know His Will and being guided by Him. Work draws its meaning from prayer and prayer finds completion in work. Work and prayer go together. God must always be a part of any work. Work should be the consequence of any prayer. For one who is contemplative in action, every day at work is a new day and another opportunity to help. It is always interesting and exciting, because the very reason for the work is anchored in His relationship with God. Fr. Benny Tuazon
 
Reflection Question:
Are you so absorbed in doing things that you compromise your time to confer with God? Would you rather spend all your time praying and let others do things? Or do you make prayer as the foundation of your every action?
 
Lord, may I remember to seek Your will and guidance in prayer before I act.
 
St. Flavia, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

Feast Builder: Bo Sanchez

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

Feast Builders: George Gabriel and Obet Cabrillas 

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Feast Builder: Eng Si

 

Alabang 

Sunday (2 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 1:00 p.m. 

3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang                       
Feast Builder: Arun Gogna

 

Rizal

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Feast Builder: Pio Espanol         

 

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.

San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

Feast Builder:  Chito Manaois

 

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela

Feast Builder: Eng Si

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Roofdeck, Prestige Tower,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City           
Feast Builder: Vic Espanol

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Feast Builder: Randy Borromeo

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

Feast Builder: Obet Cabrillas

 

Angeles

1st & 3rd Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Professional Bldg., Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City                             

Feast Builder: Marvin Tan

 

Laguna

Saturday 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m.                     
2/F Activity Center, Pavillion Mall, Km. 35 San Antonio, Binan, Laguna

Feast Builder:s Hermie Morelos & Jon Escoto

 

Marilao (2 sessions)

Saturday, 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

                7:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan Feast Builder: Alvin Barcelona 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, Baliuag, Bulacan

Feast Builder: Chito Manaois

Contact no. 09174358746/09228190198

 

CEBU

1st & 3rd Sunday of each month

9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

University of San Carlos North Campus, Mango Ave., Cebu City

Feast Builder: Oscar Alino

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

Labrecque Hall, San Pedro College, C. de Guzman St.,Davao City

Feast Builder: Jing Sto. Domingo

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, October 5, 2010”

Post a Comment