Lordie, God's Message For You Today, June 11, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for June 11, 2010

Dear Lordie,

May you be guided by His directions this Friday!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


11
June
Friday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
 
WONDERFUL LIFE
 
“ I will lead them out from among the peoples and gather them from the foreign lands; I will bring them back to their own country.” – Ezekiel 34:13
 
The foggy mountains and the blue skies were so close to each other that I imagined seeing God amidst the blue horizon, smiling with His outstretched arms, gently whispering to me of His unconditional love.
“My God, how awesome is Your creation!” I uttered as I watched the marvelous scenic spots we passed by in Bukidnon on the way to Cagayan de Oro. I wouldn’t be enjoying the beauty of God’s creation if He didn’t give me the gift of freedom as well. Moreover, I wouldn’t have the heart of Jesus if He didn’t let me pass through the Correctional Institute of Women (CIW) for 20 years.
As I reminisce on my stay in the CIW, my heart overflows in thanksgiving for what happened to me there. Mingling with people who came from all walks of life, has equipped me with people skills that are valuable in my job now as a sales person.
Indeed, the Lord’s ways are not our ways. While being locked in jail may seem to be a dead-end experience to many, God used it to mold me into His likeness. It was His way of taking me out of my sinfulness and bringing me back to His fold. Beth Corral (bethcorral_0330@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
We must be sensitive to God’s calling and messages for us to know what He wants us to do for His greater glory.
 
Lord Jesus, please let me be holier each day so I will be sanctified the way You want me to be.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
The Prophet promises a new heart for the People of Israel. Today we celebrate the Feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. It is the type of heart that God wants us all to have — a heart of compassion and love, forgiveness and reconciliation. Let us open our hard hearts to the love of God in a new way today so that God can do the transplant He wants with us.
 
Ezekiel 34:11-16
11 Thus says the Lord GOD: I myself will look after and tend my sheep. 12 As a shepherd tends his flock when he finds himself among his scattered sheep, so will I tend my sheep. I will rescue them from every place where they were scattered when it was cloudy and dark. 13 I will lead them out from among the peoples and gather them from the foreign lands; I will bring them back to their own country and pasture them upon the mountains of Israel in the land’s ravines and all its inhabited places. 14 In good pastures will I pasture them, and on the mountain heights of Israel shall be their grazing ground. There they shall lie down on good grazing ground, and in rich pastures shall they be pastured on the mountains of Israel. 15 I myself will pasture my sheep; I myself will give them rest, says the Lord GOD. 16 The lost I will seek out, the strayed I will bring back, the injured I will bind up, the sick I will heal but the sleek and the strong I will destroy, shepherding them rightly.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 23:1-3a, 3b-4, 5, 6 (1)
R: The Lord is my shepherd; there is nothing I shall want.
1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. 2 In verdant pastures he gives me repose; beside restful waters he leads me; 3 he refreshes my soul. (R) He guides me in right paths for his name’s sake. 4 Even though I walk in the dark valley I fear no evil; for you are at my side with your rod and your staff that give me courage. (R) 5 You spread the table before me in the sight of my foes; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (R) 6 Only goodness and kindness follow me all the days of my life; and I shall dwell in the house of the LORD for years to come. (R)
 
2nd READING
We know that God loves us because He has poured His love into our hearts while we were still sinners. It is relatively easy to love someone who loves us. It is next to impossible, without the grace of the Holy Spirit, to love our enemies. Yet this is what God calls us to do as His disciples — to love our enemies in order to virtually shame them into conversion to Him. It is very difficult to resist the love of an enemy. Such love has a drawing power second to none.
 
Romans 5:5b-11
5 Brothers and sisters: The love of God has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit that has been given to us. 6 For Christ, while we were still helpless, yet died at the appointed time for the ungodly. 7 Indeed, only with difficulty does one die for a just person, though perhaps for a good person one might even find courage to die. 8 But God proves his love for us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. 9 How much more then, since we are now justified by his blood, will we be saved through him from the wrath. 10 Indeed, if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, how much more, once reconciled, will we be saved by his life. 11 Not only that, but we also boast of God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation.
 
G O S P E L
 
The Parable of the Lost Sheep depicts the nature of God’s love for us. A sheep is a completely helpless animal, almost brainless. (If you do not believe me, go and watch a flock of sheep one day and see how scatterbrained they really are!) They seemingly cannot help themselves. This is an almost perfect image for us when we are caught up in sin. We need outside help and it comes in the form of a loving and merciful God to redeem us.
 
Luke 15:3-7
3 Jesus addressed this parable to the Pharisees and scribes: 4 “What man among you having a hundred sheep and losing one of them would not leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the lost one until he finds it? 5 And when he does find it, he sets it on his shoulders with great joy 6 and, upon his arrival home, he calls together his friends and neighbours and says to them, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’ 7 I tell you, in just the same way there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous people who have no need of repentance.”
 
my reflections
t h i n k: It is very difficult to resist the love of an enemy.
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 2Kings 17-20
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

HEART TO HEART
 
My first pet puppy ever was a mongrel. We love to refer to such lowly creatures now as “askals” or “asong kalye” (street dogs) — insignificant, almost worthless, not extraordinarily beautiful to behold, not pedigreed, of course, and a puppy not worth taking a second look at.
But it was my pet. It was good enough for me. I cared for it, fed it, bathed it and nurtured it. I knew that a bonding ensued between us in the short time it lived as a bubbly, ebullient and somewhat pesky little bundle of canine delight, until it died suddenly. I was sad. I grieved its loss for a while. One thing good, though, that I remember, is the warm feelings his memory brought me for a long, long time.
Today’s solemnity ought to give us similar warm feelings. The readings all have it: the solicitous, dedicated, caring and loving concern that God shows His people: “I myself will look after and tend my sheep.” Paul re-echoes the same truth about the God who reveals His love in the Sacred Heart of Jesus, His Son: “The love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.” Many times, we claim and profess this extraordinary love of God with our lips along with our mind. But unfortunately, our hearts seem to be always lagging behind. What we say is not necessarily what we feel. And being human, it is hard to go through the motions without experiencing the corresponding emotions. Love is not an abstract concept that we can keep on speaking about convincingly for long, unless the heart goes in-step with the mind.
Today is our big chance to allow ourselves to wallow deep in God’s love — perceptibly, palpably, concretely. Today is our day to allow our human hearts to beat in tandem with Jesus’ sacred and divine heart. He Himself makes it possible for us. He shows us the way — the way of the Shepherd whose heart beats with compassion for the last, the lost and the least.Fr. Chito Dimaranan, SDB
 
Reflection Question:
Have I allowed God’s love to fill my heart, my whole being?
 
Lord Jesus, mold my heart unto Yours so that I may be able to give Your love to the last, the lost and the least.
 
St. Tochmura, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday

9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

Preacher: Bo Sanchez

 

Pasig

Sunday

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

Preachers: George Gabriel and Obet Cabrillas 

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Preacher: Eng Si

 

South

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.     

Cinema 10, Festival Mall, Alabang                       
Preacher: Arun Gogna         

Rizal
Sunday                                            9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.           
Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal                             Preacher: Pio Espanol

 

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.

San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

Preacher:  Chito Manaois

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Roofdeck, Prestige Tower,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City           
Preacher: Vic Espanol

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Preachers: Randy Borromeo and George Gabriel

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila         
Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Angeles

1st & 3rd Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Professional Bldg., Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City                              Preacher: Marvin Tan

 

Laguna

Saturday, arter the 4:00 pm Mass - 6:30 pm.                       
2/F Activity Center, Pavillion Mall, Km. 35 San Antonio, Binan, Laguna

Preacher: Hermie Morelos

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan Preacher: Alvin Barcelona 

 

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

8. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

9. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

10. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

11. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

12. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

13. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, June 11, 2010”

Post a Comment