Lordie, God's Message For You Today, May 24, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections
for May 24, 2012

Dear Lordie,

Follow Him all the way this Thursday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

24
May
Thursday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

THE ONE YOU CAN’T LIVE WITHOUT
 
“I wish that where I am they also may be with me…” – John 17:24
 
I once heard a story about a girl who was having a hard time choosing between her two suitors.
She consulted her father and laid down the pros and cons of each suitor. In the end, the girl said, “Dad, I can live the rest of my life with either of them. Please help me choose.”
To this the father replied, “Choose not who you can live with, but who you cannot live without.”
In today’s Gospel, Jesus already knows that He would die for us so that we could enter the kingdom of heaven. But that is not enough for Him. He goes the extra step and begs the Father to allow us all to enter heaven and experience God’s glory with Him.
It makes me think that Jesus died on the cross not only because He alone could save us, but because He couldn’t bear not saving us. Pepper Bruce (pepper.bruce@gmail.com)
24
REFLECTION:
Do I truly appreciate the gift that Jesus gave to me through the Cross? How have I shown my appreciation?
 
Father, as Jesus died on the cross to save me from my sins, let me realize that I cannot live without His love and His saving power.
 
St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1ST READING
 
Paul sets two rival groups against each other to distract them from getting together on the one issue that unites them. He is an astute man when it comes to politics. We saw a similar sort of ingenuity when he discovered the grave to the unknown God in Athens and proceeded to tell the Greeks that he knows the name of this God, namely Jesus. We need to pray for the grace to be able to think as quickly as Paul does when the situation demands it.
 
Acts 22:30; 23:6-11
30 Wishing to determine the truth about why Paul was being accused by the Jews, he freed him and ordered the chief priests and the whole Sanhedrin to convene. Then he brought Paul down and made him stand before them. 23: 6 Paul was aware that some were Sadducees and some Pharisees, so he called out before the Sanhedrin, “My brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of Pharisees; I am on trial for hope in the resurrection of the dead.” 7 When he said this, a dispute broke out between the Pharisees and Sadducees, and the group became divided. 8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection or angels or spirits, while the Pharisees acknowledge all three. 9 A great uproar occurred, and some scribes belonging to the Pharisee party stood up and sharply argued, “We find nothing wrong with this man. Suppose a spirit or an angel has spoken to him?” 10 The dispute was so serious that the commander, afraid that Paul would be torn to pieces by them, ordered his troops to go down and rescue him from their midst and take him into the compound. 11 The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.”
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11
R: Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.
1 Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; 2 I say to the Lord, “My Lord are you.” 5 O Lord, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot. (R) 7 I bless the Lord who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. 8 I set the Lord ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. (R) 9 Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in  confidence; 10 because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world, nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption. (R) 11 You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever. (R)                   
 
GOSPEL
 
Jesus prays for unity among the believers. This is why disunity among the Christian Churches, within the Christian denominations, within the individual Churches, and within Christian families is a scandal to the proclamation of the Gospel. How are we to convince an unbeliever that we proclaim a Gospel of love and communion when the witness they see is fighting and division?
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
May they all be one as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that the word may believe that you sent me, says the Lord.
 
John 17:20-26
20 Lifting up his eyes to heaven, Jesus prayed, saying: “I pray not only for these, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 so that they may all be one, as you, Father, are in me and I in you, that they also may be in us, that the world may believe that you sent me. 22 And I have given them the glory you gave me, so that they may be one, as we are one, 23 I in them and you in me, that they may be brought to perfection as one, that the world may know that you sent me, and that you loved them even as you loved me. 24 Father, they are your gift to me. I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory that you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 Righteous Father, the world also does not know you, but I know you, and they know that you sent me. 26 I made known to them your name and I will make it known, that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in them.”
1st READING 2nd READING
GOSPEL PSALM`1
TODAY’S
BLESSING
LIST
think: How are we to convince an unbeliever that we proclaim a Gospel of love and communion when the witness they see is fighting and division?
 
T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 1 Samuel 5-8  
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

ONENESS IS GODLINESS
 
This part of the long Last Supper story of Jesus according to St. John is called “the Priestly Prayer.” Jesus, exercising His role as mediator between the Heavenly Father and us, offers intercessory prayers in the manner of a priest — first for the Twelve Apostles, then for all of us. Above all things, Jesus prays for the grace of oneness for all believers in the same way that He and the Heavenly Father are one.
         Oneness is not a simple virtue in building relationships, like any other virtue in community. Oneness is part of a supernatural anointing for persons in a relationship, whether it is in a family or in a community. In the conferences for the Marriage Encounter Weekend, when the dynamics of the weekend come into the aspect of discussing marriage as a story about “You, I and God,” the presentation develops the following progressive flow of teachings:
1. Marriage is not just a human decision to love but a divine call. It is God who made man and He willed that man be male and female. God did so because it is not good for the male to be alone. In marriage, the man and the woman complete each other.
2. The divine call is first a call to be image and likeness of God. God is love, and a man and a woman in a relationship, more so in marriage, are called to be the image of love for one another. In fact, the creation of woman was brought about by God’s loving desire for man to be happy. Woman is then essentially the highest expression of God’s love for the man.
3. The divine call is secondly a call to be a community of oneness. God is love, and this essential nature of the divinity is manifested in two manners: first, in God’s being a community of Three Persons in one God, and second, in God’s care and oneness with humanity. Jesus communicated the Oneness of God to us by becoming truly human like us. The gift of oneness and unity is not just a human ideal then, but a true mark of godliness!Fr. Domie Guzman, SSP
 
REFLECTION QUESTIONS: In what ways do you foster unity in mind and heart between you and your community members? In what ways do you experience personally the truth that Oneness is godliness?
 
Lord Jesus, teach me to be one with You, and may this unity flow to my relationship with others.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (3 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

3:45 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City ( 2 sessions)

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils and Water Management,

Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (5 sessions)

Sunday

      10:30 a.m - 1:00 p.m. 

        2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. 

        5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.  (No Holy Mass)

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

3rd Saturday 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Youth Feast-no Holy Mass)

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM City Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay (2 sessions)

Sunday  8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

            10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas (2 sessions)

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City

 

Makati (2 sessions)

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

Cinema 2, Makati Square

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

               7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Sucat

Friday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Sucat

 

Baliuag

Saturday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Centrale, 8th Ave. cor 34th St. BGC

 

Antipolo

Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Eduardo's Taptapan Restaurant Circumferential Road

Brgy. San Roque, Antipolo City

CEBU

Monday 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Trade Hall, SM City Cebu

Contact nos. (032)5201071/ 09212412801/ 09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, May 24, 2012”

Post a Comment