Lordie, God's Message For You Today, January 27, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for January 27, 2010

Dear Lordie,

His light is shining on you this Wednesday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


27
January
Wednesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

SOWING THE SEED
 
“Hear this! A sower went out to sow.” – Mark 4:3
 
Almost every day, I meet all kinds of people — former officemates, friends, neighbors, business partners, former staff, people who belong to our organization, relatives….
Come to think of it, I would meet hundreds of people a month in different venues. They can be one-on-one meetings, big conferences, small group sessions, etc. Whether I like it or not, I influence them in one way or another.
The big question is, how have I sown the seed of God’s Word in their lives? Am I a sower of His Good News through my words or, more importantly, my actions? Have I used what the Lord has given me (tangible or otherwise) to lead them to Jesus? Have I responded to situations in a way that people are attracted to the Christian way of life?
These are just some compelling questions for us to consider. Let’s sow our seed boldly, trusting that it is His grace that will produce the fruits. Ariel Driz (adriz77@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Have I shared the Lord lately?
 
Lord Jesus, teach me to share You effectively and boldly with people I meet every day. Amen.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Is it because David has so much blood on his hands that God does not want him to build the Temple? Maybe, maybe not, perhaps it is also to teach us the unwritten lesson that one person cannot achieve everything. Following God as His disciple is a wonderful experience precisely because it a journey with fellow-travelers. We are not on our own. Others will be contributing to the work as well.
 
2 Samuel 7:4-17
4 That night the LORD spoke to Nathan and said: 5 “Go, tell my servant David, ‘Thus says the LORD, Should you build me a house to dwell in? 6 I have not dwelt in a house from the day on which I led the Israelites out of Egypt to the present, but I have been going about in a tent under cloth. 7 In all my wanderings everywhere among the Israelites, did I ever utter a word to any one of the judges whom I charged to tend my people Israel, to ask Why have you not built me a house of cedar?’ 8 “Now then, speak thus to my servant David, ‘The LORD of hosts has this to say, It was I who took you from the pasture and from the care of the flock to be commander of my people Israel. 9 I have been with you wherever you went, and I have destroyed all your enemies before you. And I will make you famous like the great ones of the earth. 10 I will fix a place for my people Israel; I will plant them so that they may dwell in their place without further disturbance. Neither shall the wicked continue to afflict them as they did of old, 11 since the time I first appointed judges over my people Israel. I will give you rest from all your enemies. The LORD also reveals to you that he will establish a house for you. 12 And when your time comes and you rest with your ancestors, I will raise up your heir after you, sprung from your loins, and I will make his kingdom firm. 13 It is he who shall build a house for my name. And I will make his royal throne firm forever. 14 I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. And if he does wrong, I will correct him with the rod of men and with human chastisements; 15 but I will not withdraw my favour from him as I withdrew it from your predecessor Saul, whom I removed from my presence. 16 Your house and your kingdom shall endure forever before me; your throne shall stand firm forever.’ ” 17 Nathan reported all these words and this entire vision to David.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 89:4-5, 27-28, 29-30
R: For ever I will maintain my love for my servant.
3 [4] “I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to David my servant: 4 [5] I will make your dynasty stand for ever and establish your throne for all ages.” (R) 26 [27] “He shall cry to me, ‘You are my father, my God, the Rock that brings me victory!’ 27 [28] I myself make him first-born, Most High over the kings of the earth.” (R) 28 [29] “Forever I will maintain my love for him; my covenant with him stands firm. 29 [30] I will establish his dynasty forever, and his throne as the days of heaven. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
Our lives will bear much more fruit for the Kingdom of God if we focus on having the right attitude of mind and heart so that the Spirit of God will be able to use us for His purpose. Too often, we focus on our struggles and difficulties and forget that we have been given victory over them. Let us shift our eyes and look forward to God’s will as He wants it to unfold for our lives rather than worrying too much about the difficulties this will involve.
 
Mark 4:1-20
1 On another occasion, Jesus began to teach by the sea. A very large crowd gathered around him so that he got into a boat on the sea and sat down. And the whole crowd was beside the sea on land. 2 And he taught them at length in parables, and in the course of his instruction he said to them, 3 “Hear this! A sower went out to sow. 4 And as he sowed, some seed fell on the path, and the birds came and ate it up. 5 Other seed fell on rocky ground where it had little soil. It sprang up at once because the soil was not deep. 6 And when the sun rose, it was scorched and it withered for lack of roots. 7 Some seed fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up and choked it and it produced no grain. 8 And some seed fell on rich soil and produced fruit. It came up and grew and yielded thirty, sixty, and a hundredfold.” 9 He added, “Whoever has ears to hear ought to hear.” 10 And when he was alone, those present along with the Twelve questioned him about the parables. 11 He answered them, “The mystery of the kingdom of God has been granted to you. But to those outside everything comes in  parables, 12 so that ‘they may look and see but not perceive, and hear and listen but not understand, in order that they may not be converted and be  forgiven.’” 13 Jesus said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? Then how will you understand any of the parables? 14 The sower sows the word. 15 These are the ones on the path where the word is sown. As soon as they hear, Satan comes at once and takes away the word sown in them. 16 And these are the ones sown on rocky ground who, when they hear the word, receive it at once with joy. 17 But they have no root; they last only for a time. Then when tribulation or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away. 18 Those sown among thorns are another sort. They are the people who hear the word, 19 but worldly anxiety, the lure of riches, and the craving for other things intrude and choke the word, and it bears no fruit. 20 But those sown on rich soil are the ones who hear the word and accept it and bear fruit thirty and sixty and a hundredfold.”
 
my reflections
think:
Let us shift our eyes and look forward to God’s will as He wants it to unfold for our lives rather than worrying too much about the difficulties this will involve.
 
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Acts 17-20
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

AVOID SCORCHING YOUR ROOTS!
 
The Church invites us to reflect on a number of possibilities today in terms of how we embrace the Gospel when we hear it. I want to focus on just one — the scorched roots. I like to picture this image on those who fail to deepen their lives in the truth and thus find themselves led astray by the fads and fashions of the day and age. It is as though they are not willing to allow their life of discipleship to go deeper in relationship with Jesus.
A plant given only a thin layer of soil in which to live will find its roots getting scorched on a hot day because there is no protection from the burning sun. It is the same with our faith — unless we are firmly and deeply rooted in the truth we will not flourish and prosper as human beings. We may survive for a while as long as the challenges do not get too big, but eventually we will discover that we are not firmly rooted in the soil of the truth and we will wither and die. The assault of the lies of sin and the world will be too great for us to endure and they will overcome us. We will be burnt out struggling against them.
However, if we are deeply rooted in the truth, when the struggles and trials come, when the enemy sends his lies to distract and disorient us, we will be able to persevere because we will be founded in the truth of our faith to the point that we will not be moved by fads and fashions, lies and distractions. This is the sort of faith that the world needs today. Society has so compromised the truth of our humanity with its bowing down to the gods of expediency and materialism that it is very difficult for someone not rooted in the truth of their humanity(their being created in the image and likeness of God) to know how to
respond when confronted with the errors and lies of the modern age.
It is no different today as it has been in the past. The truth is always under assault from sin. It just seems that, in certain aspects, the world is coming close to establishing its doctrine rather than that of the truth of the Creator, God. Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
Where do I look when I seek for truth today? Do I look to the world and its errors for the answers to my questions or is my life firmly rooted in the Word of God?
 
Holy Spirit, help me to overcome the lies and errors of modern society by building my life on the truth of the Word of God and thus maintaining a faithful witness to the Gospel.
 
St. Marius, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

"It's wonderful to know my little amount each month helps KerygmaFamily and its great work for God. Makes me feel very good inside." --Jomar Hilario. To give your monthly support, click here.

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

 Pasig 

Sunday
8 a.m.-10 a.m.
10:30 a.m.-12:30noon
1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Valle Verde Country Club (Beside ULTRA)
Preacher: Bo Sanchez
 

 

Alabang
Sunday, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 noon
Festival Mall (Cinema 10)
Preacher: Arun Gogna

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez corner Paseo De Roxas

Preacher: Randy Borromeo

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.

SM Manila (Cinema 4), near Manila City Hall

Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30pm-8:00 p.m.

SM Marilao (Cinema 2)

Preacher: Alvin Barcelona

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. THREE Sessions now at the Feast every Sunday at the Valle Verde Country Club (Beside ULTRA), Pasig City

1) 8:00am-10:00am 
2)10:30am-12:30 pm
3) 1:00pm - 3:00 pm
Commute? Take the Pasig FX behind Robinson's Galleria.

5. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

6. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

7. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

8. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

9. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

10. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

11. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

12. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

13. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

14. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, January 27, 2010”

Post a Comment