Lordie, God's Message For You Today, January 13, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for January 13, 2010

Dear Lordie,

This Wednesday, may you hear His voice in your heart!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


13
January
Wednesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
 
“Here I am. You called me.” – 1 Samuel 3:5
 
During a Light of Jesus retreat, the first ever my husband, Ed, and I attended, I really felt the presence of Jesus. I remember, like Samuel in today’s reading, I woke up in the middle of the night. I walked to the chapel of the retreat house, and there, weird as it may sound, I felt Jesus so close I could almost hear Him calling me to serve Him.
In succeeding retreats, through the talks, I heard again and again God’s call to serve Him. In one of those retreats, our leader, Bo Sanchez, led the evening prayer. He made us repeat after him his own prayer. I closed my eyes and followed Bo’s prayer, line after line, until I heard him say, “… give me a good night’s rest and grant me a martyr’s death.” Quickly, I opened my eyes and just glared at Bo.
I don’t know if I can ever be a martyr. But I can die little by little to my sins — that’s torture enough — and give my all to serve God. Again and again, I can only utter to the Lord the verse in today’s reading: “You called me, and here I am.” Cynthia Santiago (boses2go@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Tell the Lord today: “You called me, and here I am.”
 
Lord, grant that I may never tire of answering Your call.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Samuel sets an example for us all as to how to enter into a life of discipleship. He is not only obedient to God’s call as he understands it, he is attentive and listening to the voice of God at all times. How else would he have heard His call when he was asleep? People often wonder why there are relatively so few people responding to calls to the priesthood and religious life today. Could it simply be that people are not listening to God and are more attentive to the call of the world?
 
1 Samuel 3:1-10, 19-20
1 During the time young Samuel was minister to the LORD under Eli, a revelation of the LORD was uncommon and vision infrequent. 2 One day Eli was asleep in his usual place. His eyes had lately grown so weak that he could not see. 3 The lamp of God was not yet extinguished, and Samuel was sleeping in the temple of the LORD where the ark of God was. 4 The LORD called to Samuel, who answered, “Here I am.” 5 He ran to Eli and said, “Here I am. You called me.” “I did not call you,” Eli said. “Go back to sleep.” So he went back to sleep. 6 Again the LORD called Samuel, who rose and went to Eli. “Here I am,” he said. “You called me.” But he answered, “I did not call you, my son. Go back to sleep.” 7 At that time Samuel was not familiar with the LORD, because the LORD had not revealed anything to him as yet. 8 The LORD called Samuel again, for the third time. Getting up and going to Eli, he said, “Here I am. You called me.” Then Eli understood that the LORD was calling the youth. 9 So he said to Samuel, “Go to sleep, and if you are called, reply, ‘Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.’ ” When Samuel went to sleep in his place, 10 the LORD came and revealed his presence, calling out as before, “Samuel, Samuel!” Samuel answered, “Speak, for your servant is listening.” 19 Samuel grew up, and the LORD was with him, not permitting any word of his to be without effect. 20 Thus all Israel from Dan to Beer-sheba came to know that Samuel was an accredited prophet of the LORD.
 
P S A L M
Psalm 40:2 and 5, 7-8a, 8b-9, 10
R: Here am I, Lord; I come to do your will.
1 [2] I have waited, waited for the LORD, and he stooped toward me and heard my cry. 4 [5] Blessed the man who makes the LORD his trust; who turns not to idolatry or to those who stray after falsehood. (R) 6 [7] Sacrifice or oblation you wished not, but ears open to obedience you gave me. Burnt-offerings or sin-offerings you sought not; 7 [8] then said I, “Behold I come.” (R) “In the written scroll it is prescribed for me. 8 [9] To do your will, O my God, is my delight, and your law is within my heart!” (R) 9 [10] I announced your justice in the vast assembly; I did not restrain my lips, as you, O LORD, know. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
We have already heard a summary of the Gospel and witnessed Jesus’ power over the demonic world. Now we read how He can heal all kinds of illnesses. It is important for us to reflect upon what Mark is doing here in that he is setting usup for a ministry that is totally unexpected. No one who has gone before Jesus has had a ministry of this depth and breadth, and it has hardly begun. Jesus is truly different from all who have gone before him.
 
Mark 1:29-39
29 On leaving the synagogue Jesus entered the house of Simon and Andrew with James and John. 30 Simon’s mother-in-law lay sick with a fever. They immediately told him about her. 31 He approached, grasped her hand, and helped her up. Then the fever left her and she waited on them. 32 When it was evening, after sunset, they brought to him all who were ill or possessed by demons. 33 The whole town was gathered at the door. 34 He cured many who were sick with various diseases, and he drove out many demons, not permitting them to speak because they knew him. 35 Rising very early before dawn, he left and went off to a deserted place, where he prayed. 36 Simon and those who were with him pursued him 37 and on finding him said, “Everyone is looking for you.” 38 He told them, “Let us go on to the nearby villages that I may preach there also. For this purpose have I come.” 39 So he went into their synagogues,  preaching and driving out demons throughout the whole of Galilee.
 
my reflections
t h i n k : People often wonder why there are relatively so few people responding to calls to the priesthood and religious life today. Could it be simply that people are not listening to God and are more attentive to the call of the world?
 
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Mark 1-4
 
Mark 1-4


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

DEVELOPING A HUNGER FOR GOD
One of the things we often read about in the Gospels is the hunger people have for God – their desire to receive whatever it is God has to offer them. It is this desire for God that we need to develop. One of the best ways to preserve our holiness is to always cry out to God from the depth of our hearts and to always seek whatever might be His next gift to us.
If we examine the lives of the saints, we will see that at the heart of their lives is their prayer. They are always faithful to their prayers and will not allow any temptation to take them away from their personal time with God. If they do allow such, they quickly recognize the error of their ways and return to God.
If we are smart, we will look at the lives of saints and say that this is what we want for our own lives. The question that then arises is whether or not we are willing to pay the price. What price, I hear you asking — the price of making prayer the central focus of our lives; the price of putting God before all else; the price of becoming serious about the call to discipleship.
If we are willing to make these decisions then we are at least at the beginning of the journey. The challenge that we now face is maintaining the hunger for God as we grow in discipleship. This will mean not allowing ourselves to get disillusioned when the path gets rough and difficult. There will be countless times when we will be tempted to give up because the path ahead looks impossible. However, we must resolve that we will never give up — the stakes are too high. Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL
 
 
Reflection Question:
What is the biggest challenge I face in growing in my faith? How do I intend to confront it?
 
Jesus, open my heart to the truth of Your love for me so that I will never lose the inspiration and drive to be Your disciple.
 
Blessed Yvette, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

"It's wonderful to know my little amount each month helps KerygmaFamily and its great work for God. Makes me feel very good inside." --Jomar Hilario. To give your monthly support, click here.

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

 Pasig 

Sunday
8 a.m.-10 a.m.
10:30 a.m.-12:30noon
1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Valle Verde Country Club (Beside ULTRA)
Preacher: Bo Sanchez
 

 

Alabang
Sunday, 11:00 a.m.-12:30 noon
Festival Mall (Cinema 10)
Preacher: Arun Gogna

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez corner Paseo De Roxas

Preacher: Randy Borromeo

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.

SM Manila (Cinema 4), near Manila City Hall

Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30pm-8:00 p.m.

SM Marilao (Cinema 2)

Preacher: Alvin Barcelona

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. THREE Sessions now at the Feast every Sunday at the Valle Verde Country Club (Beside ULTRA), Pasig City

1) 8:00am-10:00am 
2)10:30am-12:30 pm
3) 1:00pm - 3:00 pm
Commute? Take the Pasig FX behind Robinson's Galleria.

5. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

6. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

7. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

8. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

9. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

10. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

11. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

12. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

13. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

14. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, January 13, 2010”

Post a Comment