Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 4, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections
for April 4, 2012

Dear Lordie,

See Him beside you this whole Wednesday!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

4
April
Wednesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

HOLY WEDNESDAY
 
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
 
“What will you give me if I deliver him to you?” – Matthew 26:15
 
I teach Journalism and one of my favourite subjects is media ethics. I tell my students that media as a group is said to be the Fourth Estate. Today, the three “estates” commonly refer to the three branches of government: the Executive, Legislative, and the Judiciary.
As the Fourth Estate, media is supposed to be the watchdog of the three estates, specifically, to expose their abuse of power. Media can do its role effectively only if it is blameless. To become blameless, one must start with being selfless. You think of others — especially the public you are supposed to serve. When you cover an event or write a news story, you don’t ask, “What’s in it for me?” It’s a tempting question that may lead to betrayal — of the public, of your profession.
Such question sounds very much like Judas’s question in today’s Gospel. As a media practitioner, I am sometimes tempted to ask the same question when I have to cover an event and write about it. That’s why I need to pray, attend prayer meetings, meet with my caring group, and go to Mass to fortify my faith and shield me from succumbing to the temptations of my profession. Cynthia Santiago (cusantiago@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What’s being blameless for you?
 
Lord, every time I am tempted to think only of myself, come, and let me think only of You!
 
St. Isidore of Seville, bishop and doctor of the Church, pray for us.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1ST READING
 
As we serve the Gospel and grow as disciples of Jesus, there will be many people who would not like what we are doing and why we are doing it. There is nothing like being a servant of the truth if we enjoy confrontation. We live in a world that is often more concerned with self-interest than the truth. Let us recognize that there are many battles to be fought where the world is not on the side of truth.
 
Isaiah 50:4-9
4 The Lord God has given me a well-trained tongue, that I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning he opens my ear that I may hear; 5 and I have not rebelled, have not turned back. 6 I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting. 7 The Lord God is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame. 8 He is near who upholds my right; if anyone wishes to oppose me, let us appear together. Who disputes my right? Let him confront me. 9 See, the Lord God is my help; who will prove me wrong?
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 69:8-10, 21-22, 31, 33-34
R: Lord, in your great love, answer me.
7 [8] For your sake I bear insult, and shame covers my face. 8 [9] I have become an outcast to my brothers, a stranger to my mother’s sons, 9 [10] because zeal for your house consumes me, and the insults of those who blaspheme you fall upon me. (R) 20 [21] Insult has broken my heart, and I am weak, I looked for sympathy, but there was none; for consolers, not one could I find. 21 [22] Rather they put gall in my food, and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink. (R) 30 [31] I will praise the name of God in song, and I will glorify him with thanksgiving; 32 [33] “See, you lowly ones, and be glad; you who seek God, may your hearts revive! 33 [34] For the Lord hears the poor, and his own who are in bonds he spurns not.” (R)
 
 
GOSPEL
 
Sometimes there are conspiracies that work against the truth. There is little else that we can call the deal to sell Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. How many similar deals have been done since then that neglected to give the proper dignity and respect to truth? It is not the time to dwell on these past failures. Let us seek to identify the important future issue so that we can prepare properly for the upcoming fights.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
Hail to you, our King; obedient to the Father; you were led to your crucifixion like a gentle lamb to the slaughter.
 
Matthew 26:14-25
14 One of the Twelve, who was called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests 15 and said, “What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?” They paid him thirty pieces of silver, 16 and from that time on he looked for an opportunity to hand him over. 17 On the first day of the Feast of Unleavened Bread, the disciples approached Jesus and said, “Where do you want us to prepare for you to eat the Passover?” 18 He said, “Go into the city to a certain man and tell him, ‘The teacher says, “My appointed time draws near; in your house I shall celebrate the Passover with my disciples.”’ 19 The disciples then did as Jesus had ordered, and prepared the Passover. 20 When it was evening, he reclined at table with the Twelve. 21 And while they were eating, he said, “Amen, I say to you, one of you will betray me.” 22 Deeply distressed at this, they began to say to him one after another, “Surely it is not I, Lord?” 23 He said in reply, “He who has dipped his hand into the dish with me is the one who will betray me. 24 The Son of Man indeed goes, as it is written of him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Man is betrayed. It would be better for that man if he had never been born.” 25 Then Judas, his betrayer, said in reply, “Surely it is not I, Rabbi?” He answered, “You have said so.”
BLESSING
LIST
think: We live in a world that is often more concerned with self-interest than the truth.
 
 
T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Exodus 19-21xodus 1-3
 
Exodus 19-21


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

EATING WITH THE ENEMY
 
There was a film back in the 80s called Sleeping with the Enemy. Today’s Gospel passage might well be titled Eating with the Enemy. One of the things about having a meal with someone is that very rarely will you sit down to eat with your enemy unless it is for some sort of clandestine purpose. We eat meals with our friends, not our foes.
This understanding of eating enhances our understanding of the Eucharist as we realize that the “meal” aspect of the Eucharist speaks very strongly of the unity of the Body of Christ. At the Last Supper, Jesus spends time with His friends because He knows this will be their last meal together. However, Jesus does not sentimentalize this experience; He sacramentalizes it with the institution of the Eucharist. Whenever the Eucharist is celebrated, unity is being celebrated. We are one community with all who celebrate the Eucharist. Paul understood this when he berated the Corinthians for thedisunity and factions in their midst.
The Passover for the Jews is the event that constituted them as a people, the People of God. It is the same with the Christian understanding of the Eucharist. When we celebrate the Eucharist, we are “doing what Jesus did” 2,000 years ago. More than that, what Jesus did 2,000 years ago is made present to us in a sacramental way such that we can eat His body and drink His blood.
There will always be those who do not want to join with us — that is their prerogative. It is unfortunate but at the same time we have to be realistic and allow everyone the freedom to make their own decision about following Jesus. The challenge each of us faces is precisely this choice. Let us pray for the grace to choose well and so walk the path to eternal  life. Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL
 
REFLECTION QUESTIONS: What is the most difficult choice you have made in your life? How did you make it? How can you best grow in faith so that you will choose well in the future?
 
Jesus, help me seek Your will for my life and grant me the grace to follow it.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (3 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City ( 2 sessions)

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils and Water Management,

Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (5 sessions)

Sunday

      10:30 a.m - 1:00 p.m. 

        2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. 

        5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.  (No Holy Mass)

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.

3rd Saturday 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Youth Feast-no Holy Mass)

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM City Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay (2 sessions)

Sunday  8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

            10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas (2 sessions)

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City

 

Makati (2 sessions)

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

Cinema 2, Makati Square

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

               7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Sucat

Friday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Sucat

 

Baliuag

Saturday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Centrale, 8th Ave. cor 34th St. BGC

 

Antipolo

Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Eduardo's Taptapan Restaurant Circumferential Road

Brgy. San Roque, Antipolo City

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 4, 2012”

Post a Comment