Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 5, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for April 5, 2010

Dear Lordie,

It's Summer! Schedule A Family Vacation! Better get out your calendar and look for a Family Vacation! Invest in your family. Invest in your relationships. See how you can have fun, fun, and more fun. But try to also include perhaps, "sharing" and "prayer" into the schedule.
Don't be discouraged! God will be with you through this week.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


5
April
Monday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

daddy again
 
Then they went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce this to his disciples. – Matthew 28:8
 
“Love, I’ve got good news for you,” my wife said. “You’re going to be a Daddy again!”
“What? After 13 long years? Wow!”
Miracles do happen. And joy – pure joy comes.
Then I count my age and compute. I realize that when my baby starts formal schooling in elementary I’ll be hitting 50. I count my wife’s age, too, and think of high risk pregnancies. I also compute her age versus my baby growing up. I get a little worried. Fear comes.
As of this writing, my baby hasn’t yet come out into this world.
Yet, the joy continues to overwhelm me. I look up to God. He whispers, “Have faith. I am the resurrection. I am the life! I give you life!”
Faith comes. Perfect love drives away the fear. And there is peace.
I leave my tomb of disbelief and doubt… and run to tell the world — our God is alive!Alvin Barcelona (alvinbarcelona@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Are you afraid of the uncertainty of things? Remember Jesus who rose from the dead. Have faith and live!
 
Thank You, Lord, for the gift of life and for the grace to live on with faith, hope and love. Amen.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
The words of Peter telling the people that they are responsible for the death of Jesus may seem a little harsh. However, in one sense it is true not just for them, but for us as well. It is our sinfulness that causes Jesus to have to go to the cross to redeem us. We are all sinners and therefore responsible to some degree for His death.
 
Acts 2:14, 22-33
14 On the day of Petecost, Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice, and proclaimed to them, “You who are Jews, indeed all of you staying in Jerusalem. Let this be known to you, and listen to my words. 22 “You who are children of Israel, hear these words. Jesus the Nazorean was a man commended to you by God with mighty deeds, wonders, and signs, which God worked through him in your midst, as you yourselves know. 23 This man, delivered up by the set plan and foreknowledge of God, you killed, using lawless men to crucify him. 24 But God raised him up, releasing him from the throes of death, because it was impossible for him to be held by it. 25 For David says of him: ‘I saw the Lord ever before me, with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. 26 Therefore my heart has been glad and my tongue has exulted; my flesh, too, will dwell in hope, 27 because you will not abandon my soul to the netherworld, nor will you suffer your holy one to see corruption. 28 You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence.’ 29 My brothers, one can confidently say to you about the patriarch David that he died and was buried, and his tomb is in our midst to this day. 30 But since he was a prophet and knew that God had sworn an oath to him that he would set one of his descendants upon his throne, 31 he foresaw and spoke of the resurrection of the Messiah, that neither was he abandoned to the netherworld nor did his flesh see corruption. 32 God raised this Jesus; of this we are all witnesses. 33 Exalted at the right hand of God, he received the promise of the Holy Spirit from the Father and poured it forth, as you both see and hear.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 16:1-2a, 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11
R: Keep me safe, O God; you are my hope.
1 Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; 2 I say to the LORD, “My Lord are you.” 5 O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot. (R) 7 I bless the LORD who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. 8 I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. (R) 9 Therefore my heart is glad and my soul rejoices, my body, too, abides in confidence; 10 because you will not abandon my soul to the nether world, nor will you suffer your faithful one to undergo corruption. (R) 11 You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
When things do not go the way we want them to, or when we are trying to cover up something we have done wrong, we can be tempted to make up stories that will support our cause. This is what the Jews do to explain the lack of a body in the tomb to avoid being confronted by the resurrection of Jesus. However, we believe that He rose from the dead; we cannot explain this, but we know that this truth is the foundation of our faith.
 
Matthew 28:8-15
8 Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went away quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed, and ran to announce this to his disciples. 9 And behold, Jesus met them on their way and greeted them. They approached, embraced his feet, and did him homage. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go tell my brothers to go to Galilee, and there they will see me.” 11 While they were going, some of the guard went into the city and told the chief priests all that had happened. 12 They assembled with the elders and took counsel; then they gave a large sum of money to the soldiers, 13 telling them, “You are to say, ‘His disciples came by night and stole him while we were asleep.’ 14 And if this gets to the ears of the governor, we will satisfy him and keep you out of trouble.” 15 The soldiers took the money and did as they were instructed. And this story has circulated among the Jews to the present day.
 
my reflections
think:
We believe that Jesus rose from the dead; we cannot explain this, but we know that this truth is the foundation of our faith.
 
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Leviticus 4-5  
 
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

A CONSPIRACY OF SILENCE AND UNTRUTH
 
We all have probably heard the old adage that the only thing necessary for evil to flourish is for good men to remain silent. All I can say is thanks be to God that there were at least a few good men around at the resurrection of Jesus who did not remain silent even if it cost most of them their lives. Where is the good man today speaking out against the corruption and greed in the financial world? (I write this as the stock markets plunge in October 2008 due to the ridiculous levels of debt built up by the so-called “Wall Street wizz-kids!”) Where is the good man who will speak out against the horror of abortion, the untold justices wrought upon the poor and powerless by the rich and powerful?
It is not just a matter of avoiding evil as individuals; we also have a responsibility to speak out against institutional injustice that affects others, particularly those with no voice or means of protecting themselves. It seems quite evident to me that, just as it was in the time of Jesus, the political systems and the people who run them are more concerned with maintaining the status quo than speaking the truth. They are more concerned with “feathering their own nest” than working for the rights of the poor and against the injustices of the system.
It is an awesome responsibility to receive the Good News as it means we must share it with others. This involves making a stand for the truth and refusing to bow to the lies and injustices of the powerful. Somewhere along the line, we have to decide, just as the apostles of Jesus had to decide, that cowering in the Upper Room out of fear of the authorities is not an acceptable option, and we have to take our message to the streets in order to inform the world of the truth of the resurrection of Jesus from the dead! Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
Do I tend to be a person more concerned with maintaining the status quo particularly when this is advantageous to me? Or do I seek out the truth no matter what the consequences may be?
 
Holy Spirit, guide me into the way of truth so that my life may testify to the Gospel of salvation and not to the greed and materialism of the world.
 
St. Becan, pray for us.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

EASTER is the greatest miracle, celebrate at

the GRAND EASTER FEAST

this Sunday, April 4, 2010

at the SMX Convention Center

from 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 noon (it's FREE)

No Sunday Feasts in other places

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

 

Pasig

Sunday

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

Preacher: Bo Sanchez

 

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club

Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Preacher: Eng Si

 

South

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.     

Cinema 10, Festival Mall, Alabang                       
Preacher: Arun Gogna         

Rizal
Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.                     
Valley Fair,  Taytay,Rizal                             Preacher: Pio Espanol

 

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.

San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

Preacher:  Chito Manaois

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Roofdeck, Prestige Tower,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City           
Preacher: Vic Espanol

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Preachers: Randy Borromeo and George Gabriel

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila         
Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Angeles

1st & 3rd Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Professional Bldg., Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City                              Preacher: Marvin Tan

 

Laguna

Saturday, arter the 4:00 pm Mass - 6:30 pm.                       
2/F Activity Center, Pavillion Mall, Km. 35 San Antonio, Binan, Laguna

Preacher: Hermie Morelos

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan Preacher: Alvin Barcelona 

 

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

8. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

9. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

10. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

11. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

12. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

13. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, April 5, 2010”

Post a Comment