Lordie, God's Message For You Today, September 28, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for September 28, 2011

Dear Lordie,

His light is shining on you this Wednesday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

A Note from Tina:
Thank you for your decision to support the work and ministry of your KerygmaFamily. Just in case you're having problems sending your love offering of , please email Tina at support@kerygmafamily.com or call at   (+632) 9312711  (+632) 9312711   or   +639178424101  +639178424101  .

 

 


28
September
Wednesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

SURPRISE! SURPRISE!
 
The emperor gave me all I asked for, because God was with me. – Nehemiah 2:8
 
Tired and hungry from a Sunday service, my friend Nell and I went to a restaurant to eat. I wanted to eat kare-kare or lechon paksiw but she suggested toho steak, which was also delicious. I gave in to her suggestion.
The next day, guess what my viands were? Surprise! Surprise! We had kare-kare and lechon paksiw! My sister said that her friend gave us the kare-kare and our eldest sister gave the lechon paksiw.
I got teary eyed. I so appreciated God’s provision. I didn’t even pray for them. It was just a teeny-weeny, unimportant desire I had that I could have let go easily.
But God noticed it. If He did that, how much more with the big needs I have? If He had given me this very simple provision, how much more with the things I really need?
This further strengthened my belief that God is always with me. As I yield to His will in my life, He watches over me and provides what I will need, even the tiniest ones I have.  Ma. Luisa A. De la Cruz (ma_luisa2004@yahoo.com)
28
REFLECTION:
Do you believe God will provide Your greatest needs? What do you need now that you want to ask from Him?
 
Dearest God, I entrust to You my daily needs. I believe that You will take care of me.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Nehemiah is sad and wants to rebuild his city that was destroyed by fire. His request to the king to go and rebuild it was granted. This reading tells us that we should not wallow in self-pity and remorse but trust and wait on the bountiful mercy of God.
 
Nehemiah 2:1-8
1 In the month Nisan of the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, when the wine was in my charge, I took some and offered it to the king. As I had never before been sad in his presence, 2 the king asked me, “Why do you look sad? If you are not sick, you must be sad at heart.” Though I was seized with great fear, 3 I answered the king: “May the king live forever! How could I not look sad when the city where my ancestors are buried lies in ruins, and its gates have been eaten out by fire?” 4 The king asked me, “What is it, then, that you wish?” I prayed to the God of heaven 5 and then answered the king: “If it please the king, and if your servant is deserving of your favor, send me to Judah, to the city of my ancestors’ graves, to rebuild it.” 6 Then the king, and the queen seated beside him, asked me how long my journey would take and when I would return. I set a date that was acceptable to him, and the king agreed that I might go. 7 I asked the king further: “If it please the king, let letters be given to me for the governors of West-of-euphrates, that they may afford me safe-conduct till I arrive in Judah; 8 also a letter for Asaph, the keeper of the royal park, that he may give me wood for timbering the gates of the temple-citadel and for the city wall and the house that I shall occupy.” The king granted my requests, for the favouring hand of my God was upon me.
 
P S A L M
Psalms 137:1-2, 3, 4-5, 6
R: Let my tongue be silenced if I ever forget you!
1 By the streams of Babylon we sat and wept when we remembered Zion. 2 On the aspens of that land we hung up our harps. (R) 3 Though there our captors asked of us the lyrics of our songs, and our despoilers urged us to be joyous: “Sing for us the songs of Zion!” (R) 4 How could we sing a song of the LORD in a foreign land? 5 If I forget you, Jerusalem, may my right hand be forgotten! (R) 6 May my tongue cleave to my palate if I remember you not, if I place not Jerusalem ahead of my joy. (R)
 
G O S P E L
Ezekiel 21-23
The reading tells us that when Jesus calls us to follow Him, we should not dilly-dally and give excuses for postponing our journey of discipleship. He can call us at any stage of our life — in our youth, in middle age, or even in our old age. What is important is that we are ready to follow Him any time He calls us.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
I consider all things so much rubbish that I may gain Christ and be found in him.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
Luke 9:57-62
57 As Jesus and his disciples were proceeding on their journey someone said to him, “I will follow you wherever you go.” 58 Jesus answered him, “Foxes have dens and birds of the sky have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to rest his head.” 59 And to another he said, “Follow me.” But he replied, “Lord, let me go first and bury my father.” 60 But he answered him, “Let the dead bury their dead. But you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God.” 61 And another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but first let me say farewell to my family at home.” 62 Jesus answered him, “No one who sets a hand to the plow and looks to what was left behind is fit for the kingdom of God.”
 
my reflections
t h i n k : What is important is that we are ready to follow Him anytime He calls us.
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Ezekiel 21-23
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

THE TIME IS NOW
 
Have you heard this story about how Lucifer instructed his devils to come up with plans to entice more people to go to hell?
One devil said, “I will tempt them with riches and give them all the treasures of the world. A lot of rich people easily forget God when they have all their treasures to think of. They will put their trust in their wealth instead of God.” But Lucifer said, “That may be true, but that is still not very effective. God can still reach the hearts of some of these rich people that they sometimes have a change of heart and make use of their riches to help build churches, hospitals and all sorts of things that  money can buy to help the needy. Thus, they buy their way to heaven.”
Another devil proposed, “I will tempt them to put their trust in science. If they are able to produce all these things through science and technology, they will no longer feel the need for God. They will feel so powerful that they would trust no one but themselves as they make their own miracles.” The devil answered, “Well, for a time it was a cause of alarm for the Church on earth. They initially thought that science was an enemy. But eventually they were able to see how even the works of science can become a tool for evangelization.”
The third devil then said, “I think I will just convince them that there is still much time. That they can do as they please and just turn to God towards the end of their life. To make them lose the sense of urgency, I believe, is the easiest way to entice them to go to hell.” And Lucifer  
agreed.
This is exactly the point of Jesus about His radical demand from those He calls to follow Him — that they feel the need to respond and not be delayed by even the most valid of human concerns. They need to have a sense of urgency that establishing God’s Kingdom must never be postponed, or the devil may just take on the task and push their evil agenda instead. “Let the dead bury their dead. Now, you follow me.” Strong words. But if we consider what is at stake, we better heed the call.Fr. Sandy V. Enhaynes
 
Reflection Question:
Are you one of those who dilly-dally in doing your work for God’s Kingdom?
 
Lord, fill me with a sense of urgency to respond to Your call to follow You now and not later.
                                                                                                                                                                                             
St. Machan, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (3 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (4 sessions)

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Central, BGC

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, September 28, 2011”

Post a Comment