Lordie, God's Message For You Today, September 9, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for September 9, 2011

Dear Lordie,

May others see Jesus in you this Friday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

9
September
Friday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

DON’T JUDGE ME!
 
“First take the plank out of your eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.” – Luke 6:42
 
I used to write a series of stories back in high school, and one of the favorite mottos of my character was, “The thing you like or hate the most about another person is the thing you like or hate the most about yourself.” I can’t remember where I found that motto, but it fit my character’s personality, who, incidentally, was based on me.
I wrote those stories in first year high school as a way of coping and adjusting to the big change. It was a hard time then because everyone was trying to find their place in the school and among friends. Everyone was getting into some kind of argument or fight because someone would say something bad about the other person — from something as simple as not liking the way they talk or an apparent attitude problem.
I’m ashamed to admit that I was also one of those people who would say bad things about others then. Now, I try to remember my character’s motto whenever I feel annoyed with another person, because it certainly carries a whole lot of truth about getting along with others in life. Tina Matanguihan (tina.matanguihan@gmail.com)
9
REFLECTION:
When someone annoys you, take a deep breath and look in the mirror: What do you see?
 
Father, may I be slow to judge and quick to forgive.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Paul often begins his letters with a declaration of his identity as an apostle and servant of the Lord. We, too, should be confident in our identity as sons and daughters of God. This is our great dignity and privilege that demonstrates God’s great love for us — to be called His children. Let us walk tall and live in the wonder and joy of this great gift.
 
1 Timothy 1:1-2, 12-14
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, 2 to Timothy, my true child in faith: grace, mercy, and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord. 12 I am grateful to him who has strengthened me, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he considered me trustworthy in appointing me to the ministry. 13 I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor and an arrogant man, but I have been mercifully treated because I acted out of ignorance in my unbelief. 14 Indeed, the grace of our Lord has been abundant, along with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 11
R: You are my inheritance, O Lord.
1 Keep me, O God, for in you I take refuge; 2 I say to the LORD, my Lord are you. 5 O LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you it is who hold fast my lot. (R) 7 I bless the LORD who counsels me; even in the night my heart exhorts me. 8 I set the LORD ever before me; with him at my right hand I shall not be disturbed. (R) 11 You will show me the path to life, fullness of joys in your presence, the delights at your right hand forever. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
In this parable and teaching, Jesus points out a very common human defense mechanism, that is, finding fault with others in order to cover our own faults. It is easy to criticize others, especially those in authority over us, but let us instead support, pray for and encourage them so they can do a better job. That way, we will all benefit and progress in the journey of faith and discipleship.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
Your word, O Lord, is truth; consecrate us in the truth.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
Luke 6:39-42
39 Jesus told his disciples a parable, “Can a blind person guide a blind person? Will not both fall into a pit? 40 No disciple is superior to the teacher; but when fully trained, every disciple will be like his teacher. 41 Why do you notice the splinter in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the wooden beam in your own? 42 How can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove that splinter in your eye,’ when you do not even notice the wooden beam in your own eye? You hypocrite! Remove the wooden beam from your eye first; then you will see clearly to remove the splinter in your brother’s eye.”
 
my reflections
think: It is easy to criticize others, especially those in authority over us, but let us instead support, pray for and encourage them so they can do a better job.
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Jeremiah 11-14
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

Love Than Judge
 
“Do not judge,” commands our Lord Jesus. Is this possible? The mere use of our senses already makes us guilty of judgment. As thinking people, are we not always guilty whenever we make an assessment, understanding and conclusion about every situation we encounter? So, what is the point of our Lord?
In the Gospel, His command goes further by telling us to first look at ourselves before we look at others. Is He against any criticism? Is He against any effort to try to help others to change? Surely, the Lord knows that we are not the best judge of ourselves.
I used to be very critical of other priests. I looked down on them and questioned why God allowed them to be ordained as His ministers. I behaved as if I knew better until I went into deep formation work.
As a formator, I became privy to the life and faith of seminarians. I saw how human weaknesses prevail at times over our wills and noble desires. Then, during a renewal retreat for priests, I was assigned as one of the spiritual directors to assist and direct brother priests in their life and ministry. I heard their pains and joys, victories and defeats, loves and hates. After those encounters, I realized that I was no different. I, too, had my own failures and guilts. I suddenly felt empathy and began to judge less.
The Lord wants us to be aware of our limitations as human beings. We only have our point of view or a part of the whole truth. Only God knows the whole truth. But even if God knows everything about us, He would rather heal than destroy, love than punish, forgive than get even. Judgment is God’s, yet He chose to love.
During my formation in the Jesuit institution, San Jose Seminary, I learned a principle that has kept me struggling to be humble and avoid making harsh and unwanted judgments. It is to “always give somebody a plus sign,” to give every one the benefit of the doubt. It is an attitude of trust in the person. And even after the truth is known and the person is guilty, compassion rather than rejection should follow. That is how God is with us! Thanks be to God!  Fr. Benny Tuazon
 
Reflection Question:
The next time you judge another person, pause and look into yourself first. You might be guilty of the same thing.
 
Lord, help me to see the “pluses” in each person over and above their “minuses.” Amen.
 
St. Kieran, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (4 sessions)

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Central, BGC

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, September 9, 2011”

Post a Comment