Lordie, God's Message For You Today, September 11, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for September 11, 2011

Dear Lordie,

Celebrate God's love through His Word for you this Sunday!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

11
September
Sunday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

true forgiveness
 
 
“This is how my heavenly Father will treat each of you unless you forgive your brother from your heart.”– Matthew 18:35
 
What does it really mean to truly forgive from the heart? I once read an article that said, “Forgiveness is not a state of mind but a state of the heart.” Forgiveness doesn’t come easy for me. I find myself faced with the challenge of bringing about a change of heart that will make it fertile for the seeds of forgiveness to grow and bear fruit. And what does it take for forgiveness to take root in the heart?
It takes faith — I must believe that the Lord will change my heart so I can forgive. It takes prayer — I’m not able to forgive out of my own will so I pray to the Lord to help me. It takes trust — I trust the Lord to protect my heart and enable me to forgive even the deepest hurt inflicted on me. It takes remembering — I call to mind the many times the Lord forgives me so that I will not grow weary of forgiving others over and over again. And it takes love — I let love take over my feelings of anger, hurt and resentment so that I can show kindness to the person I have decided to forgive.
Forgiveness frees me from the burden of being the aggrieved party. It also frees the one I am forgiving from the burden of guilt and regret. Dina Pecaña (dpecana@yahoo.com)
11
REFLECTION:
“Forgiveness is the economy of the heart… forgiveness  saves the expense of anger, the cost of hatred and the waste of spirits.” (Hannah Moore)
 
Jesus, if I hold anything against anyone, stop me from praying. Show me the error of unforgiveness and send my heart to them to forgive them. In Your will and in Your love, make forgiveness a key stepping stone of my life.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Both the Old and New Testaments teach us clearly that if we want God to forgive our sins, then we must first forgive those who have sinned against us. If we ask God to heal us of our sickness, Sirach tells us we must put aside our anger towards others. Otherwise we will not receive the healing we are praying for. Let us pray today for the grace to forgive even those who have greatly wronged us.
 
Sirach 27:30-28:7
30 Wrath and anger are hateful things, yet the sinner hugs them tight. 28: 1 The vengeful will suffer the LORD’s vengeance, for he remembers their sins in detail. 2 Forgive your neighbor’s injustice; then when you pray, your own sins will be forgiven. 3 Could anyone nourish anger against his fellows and expect healing from the LORD? 4 Could anyone refuse mercy to another like himself, can he seek pardon for his own sins? 5 If one who is but flesh cherishes wrath, who will forgive his sins? 6 Remember your last days, set enmity aside; remember death and decay, and cease from sin! 7 Think of the commandments, hate not your neighbor; of the Most High’s covenant, and overlook faults.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 9-10, 11-12
R: The Lord is kind and merciful, slow to anger, and rich in compassion.
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all my being, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. (R) 3 He pardons all your iniquities, he heals all your ills. 4 He redeems your life from destruction, he crowns you with kindness and compassion. (R) 9 He will not always chide, nor does he keep his wrath forever. 10 Not according to our sins does he deal with us, nor does he requite us according to our crimes. (R) 11 For as the heavens are high above the earth, so surpassing is his kindness toward those who fear him. 12 As far as the east is from the west, so far has he put our transgressions from us. (R)
 
2nd READING
 
The Apostle Paul was very aware of the importance of the Body of Christ and how, as Christians, we are all intimately connected in a mysterious way in the Spirit. What I do or fail to do impacts others in the Body of Christ. Each day we should be aware of our obligations and responsibilities to live a life worthy of the Lord, both when people observe us and when we are alone.
 
Romans 14:7-9
7 Brothers and sisters: None of us lives for oneself, and no one dies for oneself. 8 For if we live, we live for the Lord, and if we die, we die for the Lord; so then, whether we live or die, we are the Lord’s. 9 For this is why Christ died and came to life, that he might be Lord of both the dead and the living.
 
G O S P E L
 
The Jewish Rabbis taught that one was obligated to forgive a person four times for their sins. Peter therefore thinks he is being very generous and merciful when he suggests to Jesus that he would forgive seven times. However, Jesus makes it clear that there should be no limit to our mercy just as God forgives us endlessly.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
I give you a new commandment, says the Lord; love one another as I have loved you.
 
R: Alleluia, alleluia
Matthew 18:21-35
21 Peter approached Jesus and asked him, “Lord, if my brother sins against me, how often must I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I say to you, not seven times but seventy-seven times. 23 T hat is why the kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who decided to settle accounts with his servants. 24 When he began the accounting, a debtor was brought before him who owed him a huge amount. 25 Since he had no way of paying it back, his master ordered him to be sold, along with his wife, his children, and all his property, in payment of the debt. 26 At that, the servant fell down, did him homage, and said, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back in full.’ 27 Moved with compassion the master of that servant let him go and forgave him the loan. 28 When that servant had left, he found one of his fellow servants who owed him a much smaller amount. He seized him and started to choke him, demanding, ‘Pay back what you owe.’ 29 Falling to his knees, his fellow servant begged him, ‘Be patient with me, and I will pay you back.’ 30 But he refused. Instead, he had him put in prison until he paid back the debt. 31 Now when his fellow servants saw what had happened, they were deeply disturbed, and went to their master and reported the whole affair. 32 His master summoned him and said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you your entire debt because you begged me to. 33 Should you not have had pity on your fellow servant, as I had pity on you?’ 34 Then in anger his master handed him over to the torturers until he should pay back the whole debt. 35 So will my heavenly Father do to you, unless each of you forgives his brother from his heart.”
 
my reflections
t h i n k : What I do or fail to do impacts others in the Body of Christ.
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Jeremiah 19-22
 
SABBATH PAUSE
My weekly time with God
THANK YOU LIST
Things to be grateful for from the past week
________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
SPECIAL NEEDS
Things to ask God for in the coming week
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
HIDDEN TREASURE
Most important word God told me this week
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
 
 

 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

Walang Utang Na Loob!
 
Forgiveness was a radical teaching from Jesus and was one of the reasons why some questioned and rejected Him. But it was also for the same reason that many were attracted to Him. Jesus knew it was difficult because of the common human tendency to retaliate when attacked, get even when abused, revenge when vilified. Jesus knew that the spiralling violence would only lead to more pains, destruction and death — and such was not part of God’s plan when He created the world. Peace, harmony, bliss, glory and the like are what He wanted for everyone. Therefore, forgiveness!
There was a time in my life when I thought I was the worst sinner in the world. Not that I had committed all of the sins possible. I thought I had wronged many people and had developed a minimum regard for God. Yes, I believed in God, but it was merely in thought or a lip service. I still feared Him, but not enough not to succumb to every temptation that I encounter. By God’s grace, through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, I was given the courage to humble myself before the Lord. I went to a priest to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation. After confessing my sins, I asked the priest if God could forgive me. He assured me that God had forgiven me because I was contrite. But just as I was about to leave, I remembered somebody who had greatly offended me. I told the priest about it and the pain it was causing me. The priest asked me to forgive the person. I said I could not, and he was surprised. Then he reminded me of the forgiveness I just received from God.
In the last part of the “Our Father,” we say, “Forgive us our sins as we forgive those who sin against us.” Put in another way, it means that we are asking God not to forgive us unless we forgive others. The prayer did not mean to attach a condition to God’s forgiveness. Never does God give any condition to His forgiveness. We are forgiven once we admit our sins and resolve not to do them anymore. So how can we accept God’s forgiveness when we do not give it to others? Unless “wala kang utang na loob (you are ungrateful)!”  Fr. Benny Tuazon
 
Reflection Question:
Is there someone you need to forgive? What’s keeping you from doing so?
 
Father, grant me a humble and forgiving heart.
 
St. Vincent of Leon, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (4 sessions)

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Central, BGC

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, September 11, 2011”

Post a Comment