Lordie, God's Message For You Today, August 7, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for August 7, 2011

Dear Lordie,

Each Sunday is a Mini-Easter. Show that Jesus is alive today!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

7
August
Sunday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

SAVE ME, LORD!
 
He was afraid and started to sink down in the water. “Save me, Lord!” he cried. – Matthew 14: 30
 
I am living my best life now. Yes, I really am! But only because Jesus saved me. When I was a child, my parents separated. It shattered me and my brothers, and it deeply affected us. I was sinking. But I must have cried then, “Save us, Lord. Save me, Lord!” God heard my cry. He saved me. And He would do it again and again.
When I started a family of my own, it went well at the start. But an avalanche of problems and trials came. We lost our firstborn twins. Our family business was collapsing. We were deep in debt. My marriage was in serious trouble. And the last straw was I was diagnosed with an illness that would kill me in months.
Through all these I cried again and again, “Save me, Lord! I’m drowning.” And over and over again, Jesus pulled me up. He saved me not because of, but despite of who I am! At times I would even hear Him say, “What little faith you have.” Yet, more often I’d feel His embrace as He says, “Trust in My love. I will never let you down.”
Now, I stand taller and stronger — with my family, my ministry and my businesses — but again, only because Jesus saved me! Alvin Barcelona (kpreacheralvin@gmail.com)
7
REFLECTION:
Do you feel that you are sinking now? Drowning? Dying? Cry out to the Lord. He hears you.
 
Save me, Lord! Pull me up. I take Your hand. I hold on  tight. And will never let go of You again. Amen.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
God tells His prophet Elijah to go out to the entrance of the cave because He would be passing by. First, there is a mighty wind, then an earthquake, and finally fire. But God is not in any of these. Instead, Elijah encounters God in a still small voice. Often, like Elijah, we expect God to come in a dramatic way and so we miss the quiet and seemingly insignificant ways that He comes.
 
1Kings 19:9, 11-13
9 At the mountain of God, Horeb, Elijah came to a cave, where he took shelter. 11 Then the LORD said, “Go outside and stand on the mountain before the LORD; the LORD will be passing by.” A strong and heavy wind was rending the mountains and crushing rocks before the LORD — but the LORD was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake — but the LORD was not in the earthquake. 12 After the earthquake there was fire — but the LORD was not in the fire. After the fire there was a tiny whispering sound. 13 When he heard this, Elijah hid his face in his cloak and went and stood at the entrance of the cave.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 85:9, 10, 11-12, 13-14
R: Lord, let us see your kindness, and grant us your salvation.
8 [9] I will hear what God proclaims; the LORD — for he proclaims peace. 9 [10] Near indeed is his salvation to those who fear him, glory dwelling in our land. (R) 10 [11] Kindness and truth shall meet; justice and peace shall kiss. 11 [12] Truth shall spring out of the earth, and justice shall look down from heaven. (R) 12 [13] The LORD himself will give his benefits; our land shall yield its increase. 13 [14] Justice shall walk before him, and salvation, along the way of his steps. (R)
 
2nd READING
 
The Apostle Paul’s great love for his own people, the Jews, is revealed in this passage where he wishes, if it were possible, that he would lose his salvation if it would lead them to faith.
 
Romans 9:1-5
1 Brothers and sisters: I speak the truth in Christ, I do not lie; my conscience joins with the Holy Spirit in bearing me witness 2 that I have great  sorrow and constant anguish in my heart. 3 For I could wish that I myself were accursed and separated from Christ for the sake of my own people, my kindred according to the flesh. 4 They are Israelites; theirs the adoption, the glory, the covenants, the giving of the law, the worship, and the promises; 5 theirs the patriarchs, and from them, according to the flesh, is the Christ, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen.
 
G O S P E L
 
Jesus comes to His disciples walking on the water, revealing to them in this act His power and dominion over nature. They are terrified, thinking they are seeing a ghost. Yet it is no ghost, but the Lord of creation, and they have no need to fear Him for He is the one who can save them. Jesus tells them as He also tells us today, “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid.” Let us receive these words into our minds and hearts.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
I wait for the Lord; my soul waits for his word.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
Matthew 14:22-33
22 After he had fed the people, Jesus made the disciples get into the boat and precede him to the other side, while he dismissed the crowds. 23 After doing so, he went up on the mountain by himself to pray. When it was evening he was there alone. 24 Meanwhile the boat, already a few miles offshore, was being tossed about by the waves, for the wind was against it. 25 During the fourth watch of the night, he came toward them, walking on the sea. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the sea they were terrified. “It is a ghost,” they said, and they cried out in fear. 27 At once Jesus spoke to them, “Take courage, it is I; do not be afraid.” 28 Peter said to him in reply, “Lord, if it is you, command me to come to you on the water.” 29 He said, “Come.” Peter got out of the boat and began to walk on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw how strong the wind was he became frightened; and, beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” 31 Immediately Jesus stretched out his hand and caught him, and said to him, “O you of little faith, why did you doubt?” 32 After they got into the boat, the wind died down. 33 Those who were in the boat did him homage, saying, “Truly, you are the Son of God.”
 
my reflections
t h i n k : “Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid.”
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Wisdom 9-12
 
 SABBATH PAUSE
My weekly time with God
THANK YOU LIST
Things to be grateful for from the past week
________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
SPECIAL NEEDS
Things to ask God for in the coming week
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
HIDDEN TREASURE
Most important word God told me this week
                                                    _______________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
                    ______________________________________________________________
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

WHERE DO I FIND GOD?
 
The question above is one that we all have to answer at one time or another, even if it is to say that there is no God to find. I disagree with that sentiment because I believe that in reality we can discover God just about anywhere we want to find Him. However, to grow in relationship with God, we have to know what we are looking for in our relationship with Him and look for Him there.
God is not too worried about our starting point — He will come to us wherever we choose to look for Him. Some describe Him as the biggest beggar in the universe and it is true. He will go to any lengths, apart from sin, to find us and draw us into relationship with Him. The lives of the saints demonstrate the great variety of ways that people experience God’s love: through the intellect, nature, meditation, art, beauty and many more. Some of the great mystics, such as St. John of the Cross, find God in the nothingness of themselves. There is no right or wrong way to look for God; the key to finding God is to begin taking the step to search for Him.
Elijah’s experience indicates the almost universal belief that God will be found in the great and spectacular experiences of our lives, but this has to be balanced by the understanding that God can be just as powerfully present in the small and insignificant ones. God can use any experience to reveal Himself to us. We just have to open our minds and hearts to recognize His presence and then respond to it.
But the simple act of finding God will not necessarily make our faith grow. We have to invite Him to be a part of our lives, a process that usually begins small and then grows to include more and more aspects of our lives until we are consumed with the love of God. Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
Where do I find God in my life? What am I doing to look for Him in the busyness of the modern world?
 
Jesus, I know You are not far from me; help me to open my heart and mind to Your truth and love today.
 
St. Donatian, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (4 sessions)

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, August 7, 2011”

Post a Comment