Lordie, God's Message For You Today, August 28, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for August 28, 2011

Dear Lordie,

Each Sunday is a Mini-Easter. Show that Jesus is alive today!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

A Note from Tina:
Thank you for your decision to support the work and ministry of your KerygmaFamily. Just in case you're having problems sending your love offering of , please email Tina at support@kerygmafamily.com or call at   (+632) 9312711  (+632) 9312711   or   +639178424101  +639178424101  .

 

 


28
August
Sunday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

28
DYING TO ONESELF
 
“You must forget yourself, carry your cross, and follow me…” – Matthew 16:24
 
Tears rolled down from my eyes as I humbly said, “Yes, Lord, I surrender to Your will.” God asked me to leave the group where He used me to build from nothing to something. He used me to nurture them. I shed tears and endured difficulties for them. We had a stormy, joyful journey together.
God showed me my problem in surrendering — my attachment and fear of the unknown future.
A week later, I was emailing our heads the details of the group, endorsing to the new head servant and others taking over the ministry. I had a hard time sending it. There was no backing out.
In my heart, I was sad. I was letting go of something precious to me. But I was happy. I obeyed God. And I’m excited for the new experiences I’ll have with Him and the people He called to join us.
Dying to oneself happens as we follow God. It’s difficult to lose ourselves and submit our will to His, but it’s a small price for living in His divine will, enjoying freedom from selfishness and trusting in God. We become great blessing to others! Ma. Luisa A. De la Cruz ma_luisa2004@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
What is it that you have to surrender to God now? Will you let go and let Him bless others through you?
 
Dearest God, please humble me and help me to detach so I  can surrender to Your will for me.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
Jeremiah, the prophet, had to bring a message to God’s people that they did not want to hear — that they had to surrender to the King of Babylon and not to trust in an alliance with Egypt. Jeremiah suffered because of the message God asked him to bring and decides not to speak of it anymore, but he cannot remain silent as the message is a fire in his soul.
 
Jeremiah 20:7-9
7 You duped me, O LORD, and I let myself be duped; you were too strong for me, and you triumphed. All the day I am an object of laughter; everyone mocks me. 8 Whenever I speak, I must cry out, violence and outrage is my message; the word of the LORD has brought me derision and reproach all the day. 9 I say to myself, I will not mention him, I will speak in his name no more. But then it becomes like fire burning in my heart, imprisoned in my bones; I grow weary holding it in, I cannot endure it.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 63:2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9
R: My soul is thirsting for you, O Lord my God.
1 [2] O God, you are my God whom I seek; for you my flesh pines and my soul thirsts like the earth, parched, lifeless and without water. (R) 2 [3] Thus have I gazed toward you in the sanctuary to see your power and your glory, 3 [4] for your kindness is a greater good than life; my lips shall glorify you. (R) 4 [5] Thus will I bless you while I live; lifting up my hands, I will call upon your name. 5 [6] As with the riches of a banquet shall my soul be satisfied, and with exultant lips my mouth shall praise you. (R) 7 [8] You are my help, and in the shadow of your wings I shout for joy. 8 [9] My soul clings fast to you; your right hand upholds me. (R)
 
2nd READING
 
Paul tells us that the way to personal transformation is to allow the Word of God to renew our minds. Often our minds are filled with unbelief, complaining, critical and negative thoughts. These make us sad and sap our energy for life. By memorizing Scripture verses, we can replace these negative thoughts with faith-filled ones and so reap a harvest of good fruit in our lives.
 
Romans 12:1-2
1 I urge you, brothers and sisters, by the mercies of God, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God, your spiritual worship. 2 Do not conform yourselves to this age but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and pleasing and perfect.
 
G O S P E L
 
From the beginning, Jesus had no doubt as to His mission and what would be the inevitable outcome of His ministry. He would be rejected by the elders and rulers of the Temple and be handed over to the Romans to be crucified. He knew that by submitting Himself to death for love of us, He would redeem and save mankind. Peter wants Jesus to be a conquering hero, not a crucified one, and so opposes the idea of the cross. However, Jesus sees past the pain and suffering of the cross to the resurrection and new life that would result.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
May the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ enlighten the eyes of our hearts, that we may know what is the hope that belongs to our call. R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
Matthew 16:21-27
21 Jesus began to show his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer greatly from the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed and on the third day be raised. 22 Then Peter took Jesus aside and began to rebuke him, “God forbid, Lord! No such thing shall ever happen to you.” 23 He turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are an obstacle to me. You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do.” 24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself, take up his cross, and follow me. 25 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. 26 What profit would there be for one to gain the whole world and forfeit his life? Or what can one give in exchange for his life? 27 For the Son of Man will come with his angels in his Father’s glory, and then he will repay everyone according to his conduct.”
 
my reflections
t h i n k : The way to personal transformation is to allow the Word of God to renew our minds.
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Isaiah 33-36
 
SABBATH PAUSE
My weekly time with God
THANK YOU LIST
Things to be grateful for from the past week
________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
SPECIAL NEEDS
Things to ask God for in the coming week
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
HIDDEN TREASURE
Most important word God told me this week
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

TRANSFORMATION
 
The goal of our spiritual life is the transformation of our lives such that Jesus becomes the center of who we are and what we do. Human beings are somewhat reluctant to embrace change as it means moving into unknown and often uncharted waters. This is never an easy task as it means facing up to our fears and anxieties so that the Holy Spirit can deal with them and show us the way to a deeper life of faith.
St. Paul knows the challenge of having to humble himself and submit his life to a new reality, one that he had spent a considerable amount of time and effort trying to destroy. Humility is a necessary part of the process. There will be times when the task seems easy. What is important here is to examine why it has become easy so that in identifying what helps us surrender, we can embrace this method or path more often.
Each person has to learn to navigate his or her way through the spiritual journey of faith. Yes, we can learn a lot from the lives of others but they will never provide us with all the answers. We are individuals and part of the joy and mystery and excitement of life is knowing that one’s journey is indeed one’s own and it is up to us to walk it. This can be a daunting reality that we could shrink back and refuse to enter it. I would like to take this opportunity to encourage us all to embrace the call and the challenge to discover what sort of life God calls us to share with Him.
We will never know the fullness of life; we will never fill that hole in the depth of our beings unless we embark on the journey of a lifetime that we call faith in God. And as a journey it can be treacherous and perilous; it can be exciting and enjoyable; it can be boring and challenging. Whatever our experience, the goal of eternal life will keep us focused. Let us never allow our lives to wander from our vision of the Lord. Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL
 
Reflection Question:
What is my experience of the journey of faith? Am I tired of it? Am I excited by it? Where is it going? What am I doing to grow in my faith?
 
Father in heaven, You desire that we all enter into a life of faith and so discover that the fulfillment of our lives is found in the gift of salvation.
 
St. Gorman, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (4 sessions)

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Central, BGC

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, August 28, 2011”

Post a Comment