Lordie, God's Message For You Today, June 18, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for June 18, 2011

Dear Lordie,

This Saturday, let God give you rest in His Spirit.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

18
June
Saturday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

MY NEW COMPUTER
 
“If God so clothes the grass of the field… will he not much more provide for you…?”– Matthew 6:30
 
My 10-year-old computer no longer functioned well because of its outdated programs. It wasn’t possible to upgrade it due to hardware limitations. I couldn’t afford to buy even a second-hand PC so whenever I needed to surf the net and check my emails, I’d just drop by my sister’s house. Since I use the PC mainly for my writing assignments, I eventually had to purchase one.
In July 2008, I had a strong feeling that God would bless me with my own PC. After a few months, while searching for stories for Kerygma magazine, I was led to this lady. In one of her emails, she asked me for my prayer petitions. I asked her to pray for my new PC. In December 2008, she texted me that God would soon answer my prayer. By February 2009, I got my PC courtesy of this wonderful and generous lady. Though it wasn’t brand new, it definitely served my needs.
In today’s Gospel, Jesus is telling us that we shouldn’t be anxious or worried about anything for the Father knows our needs and will provide for us. God knew my need and He provided. He is indeed Jehovah-Jireh, the God who sees and provides.Judith Concepcion
18
REFLECTION:
Are you worried about your temporal needs? Jesus assures us that God will provide in a way
 
Lord, I feel so consumed with too much worrying and anxiety. Help me, by Your grace, to live one day at a time and to trust in Your Divine Providence.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
St. Paul is speaking about himself and his conversion experience. I find it interesting to reflect upon his “thorn in the flesh.” I wonder what it was? We will probably never know but it is comforting to hear that even saints have their weaknesses and struggles. There is truly hope for us all! As we seek to live out a life of faith, let us pray for the grace to open our hearts more fully to the grace of the Spirit so that he can empower our life’s project.
 
2 Corinthians 12:1-10
1 Brothers and sisters: I must boast; not that it is profitable, but I will go on to visions and revelations of the Lord. 2 I know someone in Christ who, fourteen years ago (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows), was caught up to the third heaven. 3 And I know that this man (whether in the body or out of the body I do not know, God knows) 4 was caught up into Paradise and heard ineffable things, which no one may utter. 5 About this man I will boast, but about myself I will not boast, except about my weaknesses. 6 Although if I should wish to boast, I would not be foolish, for I would be telling the truth. But I refrain, so that no one may think more of me than what he sees in me or hears from me 7 because of the abundance of the revelations. Therefore, that I might not become too elated, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan, to beat me, to keep me from being too elated. 8 Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, 9 but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with me. 10 Therefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong.
 
P S A L M
Psalms 34:8-9, 10-11, 12-13
R: Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.
7 [8] The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and delivers them. 8 [9] Taste and see how good the LORD is; blessed the man who takes refuge in him. (R) 9 [10] Fear the LORD, you his holy ones, for nought is lacking to those who fear him. 10 [11] The great grow poor and hungry; but those who seek the LORD want for no good thing. (R) 11 [12] Come, children, hear me; I will teach you the fear of the LORD. 12 [13] Which of you desires life, and takes delight in prosperous days? (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
Jesus tells us that there are too many things for us to spend time worrying about them all. We need to focus our lives on the things that really matter and make them our concern. What are they? Simply speaking they are getting to know God’s will for our lives and determining what that means as regards the decisions we have to make on a daily basis. If we make God’swill our focus I have a sneaking suspicion that most of our other worries will dissolve into insignificance most of the time.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
Jesus Christ became poor although he was rich, so that by his poverty you might become rich.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
Matthew 6:24-34
24 Jesus said to his disciples: “No one can serve two masters. He will either hate one and love the other, or be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon. 25 Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink, or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? 26 Look at the birds in the sky; they do not sow or reap, they gather nothing into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are not you more important than they? 27 Can any of you by worrying add a single moment to your life-span? 28 Why are you anxious about clothes? Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin. 29 But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them. 30 If God so clothes the grass of the field, which grows today and is thrown into the oven tomorrow, will he not much more provide for you, O you of little faith? 31 So do not worry and say, ‘What are we to eat?’ or ‘What are we to drink?’ or ‘What are we to wear?’ 32 All these things the pagans seek. Your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. 33 But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be given you besides. 34 Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.
 
my reflections
t h i n k A : s we seek to live out a life of faith, let us pray for the grace to open our hearts more fully to the grace of the Spirit so that he can empower our life’s project.
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Job 26-29
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

AN INVITATION OR A COMMAND?
 
Jesus’ beautiful words in the Gospel of today somehow stand in contrast with St. Paul’s in the first reading. Not that they are conflicting or contradictory, but only that the difference (in tone, especially) are interesting and worth reflecting on.
On one hand, in the Gospel we have Jesus in His most assuring and consoling stance towards us. On the other hand, Paul in the first reading boldly defends his integrity before the Corinthians, even to the point of mentioning special revelations he knew of in order to back up his claims. Also, Jesus seems to argue and insist on His point about God’s providence and concern for us. But He does so in a very tender manner, using simple common sense to make us understand.
A specific point ensuing from both is about contentment. For all his insistence and even boasting, Paul learns to accept most especially his weakness. He acknowledges that his power and strength come from the Lord alone. On the other hand, Jesus assures us that we need not be frantic even when we lack life’s basic things because God will always provide, and we can be content indeed even with the simplest things.
In the end, we can certainly take heed of what we have also today in the responsorial psalm: “Taste and see the goodness of the Lord.” That’s the invitation to all of us: to “taste” God’s goodness. It can well be the merging point between the two contrasting positions we pointed out at the start of our reflection. With the metaphor of tasting or eating, the invitation can be a disarming one. But if ever we are to hesitate, the invitation can also be a command. It may be only because we don’t quite know what “the goodness of the Lord” could be. But how would we know it, if we don’t try it? Fr. Martin Macasaet, SDB
 
Reflection Question:
How do you respond to God’s invitation to trust Him with your all?
 
Lord, bless me with a heart that is ready to respond to Your call to me.
 
St. Amandus, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang 

Sunday (3 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, June 18, 2011”

Post a Comment