Lordie, God's Message For You Today, June 7, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for June 7, 2011

Dear Lordie,

This Tuesday, never forget how important you are to God.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

7
June
Tuesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

MISSION
 
“I only want to complete my mission… to declare the Good News about the grace of God.” – Acts 20:24
 
Fr. Raniero Cantalamessa, confessor and retreat master to the papal household for 30 years, addressed thousands of laity at the Araneta Coliseum in January 2010.
I was amazed and deeply blessed by this soft-spoken Franciscan priest with a very simple yet moving message. He said that the mission of the laity and the religious are the same: evangelization. Spreading the Good News! We just differ in our ways of expression and application, he explained.
Very true. I am a preacher. I directly preach God’s Word. But you — an office worker, a bank teller, a businessman, a teacher, a student, a full-time mother — whoever you are, equally share in this mission. In fact, I believe that I “preach God’s Word more loudly” in my life as a husband, a father, a friend and a school administrator.
We declare the Good News in words and/ or in our deeds — in the way we live our lives. In living a life of truth, honesty, compassion,
understanding, service and love, we are living witnesses to the grace of God.
This is not just the mission of the apostles, bishops, priests and nuns. It is our mission — and by God’s grace we shall complete it.Alvin Barcelona (kpreacheralvin@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Am I “declaring the Good News” in the way I live my  life — in my family, in my profession, in everything that I do?
 
By Your pure grace, O God, I will complete my mission of spreading Your love to others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
Paul is truly unafraid. He does not care if there is persecution awaiting him or imprisonment or anything else. Why? Maybe because he has seen and experienced it all before. He has already cheated death many times and so I am sure he has a profound knowledge of his own immortality. He knows that he has been busy with the will of God and he has done the best he could with it. Maybe he wishes he had done some things differently, but there is something of that in us all. He is content to know that his life is in God’s hands. Let men do what they will – they can never change that truth.
 
Acts 20:17-27
17 From Miletus Paul had the presbyters of the church at Ephesus summoned. 18 When they came to him, he addressed them, “You know how I lived among you the whole time from the day I first came to the province of Asia. 19 I served the Lord with all humility and with the tears and trials that came to me because of the plots of the Jews, 20 and I did not at all shrink from telling you what was for your benefit, or from teaching you in public or in your homes. 21 I earnestly bore witness for both Jews and Greeks to repentance before God and to faith in our Lord Jesus. 22 But now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem. What will happen to me there I do not know, 23 except that in one city after another the holy Spirit has been warning me that imprisonment and hardships await me. 24 Yet I consider life of no importance to me, if only I may finish my course and the ministry that I received from the Lord Jesus, to bear witness to the gospel of God’s grace. 25 “But now I know that none of you to whom I preached the kingdom during my travels will ever see my face again. 26 And so I solemnly declare to you this day that I am not responsible for the blood of any of you, 27 forI did not shrink from proclaiming to you the entire plan of God.”
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 68:10-11, 20-21
R: Sing to God, O kingdoms of the earth.
9 [10] A bountiful rain you showered down, O God, upon your inheritance; you restored the land when it languished; 10 [11] your flock settled in it; in your goodness, O God, you provided it for the needy. (R) 19 [20] Blessed day by day be the Lord, who bears our burdens; God, who is our salvation. 20 [21] God is a saving God for us; the LORD, my Lord, controls the passageways of death. (R)
 
G O S P E L
Jesus knows that all is in the hands of His Father. Jesus knows that it will be the Father who vindicates His life by raising Him from the dead. Jesus knows that His resurrection will be the crowning glory of His life. I wonder how well we know our own lives and missions? If we are unsure, it is time that we did something about discovering them before our life is finished.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
I will ask the Father and he will give you another Advocate to be with you always.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
John 17:1-11
1 Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said, “Father, the hour has come. Give glory to your son, so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you gave him authority over all people, so that he may give eternal life to all you gave him. 3 Now this is eternal life, that they should know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. 4 I glorified you on earth by accomplishing the work that you gave me to do. 5 Now glorify me, Father, with you, with the glory that I had with you before the world began. 6 “I revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word. 7 Now they know that everything you gave me is from you, 8 because the words you gave to me I have given to them, and they accepted them and truly understood that I came from you, and they have believed that you sent me. 9 I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for the ones you have given me, because they are yours, 10 and everything of mine is yours and everything of yours is mine, and I have been glorified in them. 11 And now I will no longer be in the world, but they are in the world, while I am coming to you.”
 
my reflections
think: Paul is content to know that his life is in God’s hands. Let his persecutors do what they will -– they can never change that truth.
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 2 Maccabees 5-6
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

JESUS PRAYS FOR US
 
For the next three days, we have for our Gospel passage three instalments of the so-called High-Priestly Prayer of our Lord Jesus Christ. His words to His disciples are over; He now addresses no other than God the Father Himself, His own beloved Father, in a heartfelt, solemn and sublime prayer.
After a prelude of imploring the Father to bestow upon Himself the glory as of a Son, He shifts to His disciples. He intercedes for them.
This alone is already worth some thought: the plain and simple fact that Jesus, our Lord and Master, prayed for His disciples.
We all know what that is, in a way. Especially in our time of need, we do not hesitate to ask for prayers from our favorite priest, our friends, relatives, loved ones and so on. We email them, we text them. “Please pray for me, pray for my intentions,” we tell them. And we draw strength and consolation from the intercessory prayers of others for us.
Now imagine that we have no less than Jesus Christ Himself praying for us! “It is in them that I have been glorified,” Jesus says, referring to His disciples. Yes, He gives credit to them: “I entrusted to them the message you entrusted to me, and they received it. They have known that in truth I came from you, they have believed it was you who sent me.”
It only goes to show how much Jesus loves us, how much He thinks of us and remembers us, how much He cares for us. As He ended His assignment on earth and was about to return to the Father in glory, He prayed for us. How consoling, how encouraging!Fr. Martin Macasaet, SDB
 
Reflection Question:
How quick am I in responding to a request for prayer? And how much do I trust in the power of intercessory prayer?
 
Remind me, Lord, to pray for those who need most my prayers, especially the poor souls in purgatory.
 
St. Anthony Mary Gianelli, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang 

Sunday (3 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, June 7, 2011”

Post a Comment