Lordie, God's Message For You Today, January 20, 2012

Daily Bible Reflections
for January 20, 2012

Dear Lordie,

This Friday, work with Him at your side.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

20
January
Friday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

Facing the Enemy
 
“I will deliver your enemy into your grasp; do with him as you see fit.” – 1 Samuel 24:5
 
“Hey Jane!… Jane! Is that you?” I was just getting off the escalator when I heard this familiar voice behind me that sent chills all over my body. I looked back and felt the throbbing pain again as soon as I saw his face. He was someone from my past who hurt me the most, treated me like trash and caused me to hate the world.
“You gotta be kidding me, Lord. It took years for me to regain my self-respect and You’re letting me see this guy again?” I whispered to myself, trying hard to compose myself as he approached me.
I thought of walking away and pretend that I didn’t recognize him but I realized that it was a great opportunity to claim my total healing. So I exchanged brief pleasantries with him, excused myself and took off. It was a liberating moment.
Are you facing an enemy today? Trying to overcome a bad habit? Resisting the lure of temptation? Avoiding a desire to avenge? Whatever it is that you struggle with, consider it not as a cross but an opportunity for your maturity and spiritual growth. Jane Gonzales-Rauch (mgr516@gmail.com)
20
REFLECTION:
When in a bad situation, have courage and confidence in God that He will guide you to do the right thing.
 
Father, forgive me when I yield to iniquity, and help me to have the right disposition when faced with troubles.
 
St. Sebastian, martyr, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
David spares the life of Saul even as he knows that Saul would have taken his life if given the chance. This demonstrates the upright intention and character of David over Saul. It is also an example to us of the sacredness of the gift of life and that we never have the right to take another person’s life. This is up to God alone. Vengeance is not for us to take; all it does is compound the sin and set up a pattern of retaliation.
 
1 Samuel 24:3-21
3 Saul took three thousand picked men from all Israel and went in search of David and his men in the direction of the wild goat crags. 4 When he came to the sheepfolds along the way, he found a cave, which he entered to relieve himself. David and his men were occupying the inmost recesses of the cave. 5 David’s servants said to him, “This is the day of which the Lord said to you, ‘I will deliver your enemy into your grasp; do with him as you see fit.’ ” So David moved up and stealthily cut off an end of Saul’s mantle. 6 Afterward, however, David regretted that he had cut off an end of Saul’s mantle. 7 He said to his men, “The Lord forbid that I should do such a thing to my master, the Lord’s anointed, as to lay a hand on him, for he is the Lord’s anointed.” 8 With these words David restrained his men and would not permit them to attack Saul. Saul then left the cave and went on his way. 9 David also stepped out of the cave, calling to Saul, “My Lord the king!” When Saul looked back, David bowed to the ground in homage 10 and asked Saul: “Why do you listen to those who say, ‘David is trying to harm you’? 11 You see for yourself today that the Lord just now delivered you into my grasp in the cave. I had some thought of killing you, but I took pity on you instead. I decided, ‘I will not raise a hand against my Lord, for he is the Lord’s anointed and a father to me.’ 12 Look here at this end of your mantle which I hold. Since I cut off an end of your mantle and did have done you no wrong, though you are hunting me down to take my life. 13 The Lord will judge between me and you, and the Lord will exact justice from you in my case. I shall not touch you. 14 The old proverb says, ‘From the wicked comes forth wickedness.’ So I will take no action against you. 15 Against whom are you on campaign, O king of Israel?  Whom are you pursuing? A dead dog, or a single flea! 16 The Lord will be the judge; he will decide between me and you. May he see this, and take my part, and grant me justice beyond your reach!” 17 When David finished saying these things to Saul, Saul answered, “Is that your voice, my son David?” And Saul wept aloud. 18 Saul then said to David “You are in the right rather than I; you have treated me generously, while I have done you harm. 19 Great is the generosity you showed me today, when the Lord delivered me into
your grasp and you did not kill me. 20 For if a man meets his enemy, does he send him away unharmed? May the Lord reward you generously for what you have done this day. 21 And now, since I know that you shall surely be king and that sovereignty over Israel shall come into your possession.”
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 57:2, 3-4, 6, 11
R: Have mercy on me, God, have mercy.
1 [2] Have mercy on me, O God; have mercy on me, for in you I take refuge. In the shadow of your wings I take refuge, till harm pass by. (R) 2 [3] I call to God the Most High, to God, my benefactor. 3 [4] May he send from heaven and save me; may he make those a reproach who trample upon me; may God send his mercy and his faithfulness. (R) 5 [6] Be exalted above the heavens, O God; above all the earth be your glory! 10 [11] For your mercy towers to the heavens, and your faithfulness to the skies. (R)
 
GOSPEL
 
Jesus begins His preparation for His departure from the world in choosing these men to carry on the mission He has started. Yes, these men are specially chosen for a particular task that developed in the first century or so of the Church into the role of bishop. However, this does not mean that those who are not bishops, the vast majority of us, have not also been chosen. It is simply that what God asks us to do differ from the role of the bishop. What is your role? It is up to each of us to discover God’s call upon our lives.
 
GOSPEL ACCLAMATION
God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.
 
Mark 3:13-19
13Jesus went up the mountain and summoned those whom he wanted and they came to him. 14 He appointed twelve, whom he also named Apostles, that they might be with him and he might send them forth to preach 15 and to have authority to drive out demons: 16 He appointed the Twelve: Simon, whom he named Peter; 17 James, son of Zebedee, and John the brother of James, whom he named Boanerges, that is, sons of thunder; 18 Andrew, Philip, Bartholomew, Matthew, Thomas, James the son of Alphaeus; Thaddeus, Simon the Cananean, 19 and Judas Iscariot who betrayed him.
READING 2nd READING
GOSPEL PSALM
LIST
think: Vengeance is not for us to take; all it does is compound the sin and set up a pattern of retaliation.
 
T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Luke 19-21
 
BLESSING
LIST
1st READING 2nd READING
GOSPEL PSALM
TODAY’S
BLESSING
LIST
John 19-21
GOSPEL PSALM
TODAY’S
BLESSING
LIST


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

JESUS CHOOSES THE TWELVE
 

I wonder why Mark often refers to the Apostles as “The Twelve”? Could it be that he wants to identify them in some way with the 12 tribes of Israel? I do not know the answer, but suffice it to say that he probably has his reasons. What is important is that Jesus recognized that He needed help in completing His mission and so was not afraid to call others to assist Him in His ministry.

One reason why many ministry initiatives fail is that people are unwilling or unable to ask for help when they need it. Too often, they do not want to share the glory that may come from the success of the ministry. It is pretty easy to see how foolish this desire is as it often results in the failure of the ministry altogether. Thus, no glory for anyone, not even God! If only we were more willing to work together in the mission of the Church, I am sure we would experience many more successes than we do now.

It is always a challenge to work with others as it means a certain level of compromise and detachment from the shared ministry. However, this is generally a good thing as it promotes a greater sense of sharing and experiencing the gifts of not just ourselves, but also those of others. It is at the heart of our nature as human beings to belong to a community. It is in the context of a community that we will thrive and bear the most fruit for the Kingdom of God. Yes, challenges always arise when working in a community setting but this is precisely what makes the ministry strong and help it endure through the difficult times and thrive in the good ones.

Jesus chose 12 men whom He formed in a special way to work with Him and then continue His work once He was gone. In the same way, we should seek to train others in the ministries we start so that they can carry on once we leave and move on to different things.Fr. Steve Tynan, MGL

 

REFLECTION QUESTION: Are you possessive about the ministries to which you belong or do you allow others to join you so that they will be formed through service?

 

Jesus, help me to realize that all the blessings I have in life come from You and that they will grow and become greater when I allow others to share in them.

 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (3 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City ( 2 sessions)

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils and Water Management,

Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (4 sessions)

Sunday

      11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

        1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

        4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM City Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay (2 sessions)

Sunday  8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

            10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas (2 sessions)

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City

 

Makati (2 sessions)

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

Cinema 2, Makati Square

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

               7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Sucat

Friday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Sucat

 

Baliuag

Saturday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Centrale, 8th Ave. cor 34th St. BGC

 

Antipolo

Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Eduardo's Taptapan Restaurant Circumferential Road

Brgy. San Roque, Antipolo City

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, January 20, 2012”

Post a Comment