Lordie, God's Message For You Today, May 3, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for May 3, 2011

Dear Lordie,

Reflect God?s love to every person you meet this Tuesday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

3
May
Tuesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

Feast of Sts. Philip and James, Apostles
 
SINGLE
 
And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. – John 14:13
 
I am Joyce Sosoban, single for a long while now — since I was born actually.
There was a time when I prayed if I should stay single forever, become a nun or get married. After much prayer, I realized that I was for marriage. But that was quite sometime ago. There came a time when I was unsure if I could serve the Lord well if I got married. Still, I want to get married. I don’t know what my state in life will be by the time you read this, but for now, my prayer seems to have been unanswered.
There were times when I felt really down, especially when a relationship I had hoped for went pffft. I had to take stock of reality once again: I am alone.
You might wonder, do I, therefore, think God has been inconsistent with His Word in today’s Gospel? I don’t think so. For one, I’m not God — and, thank you very much, I am happy He is and I’m not. So I’m still perfectly sure He never lies. In the end, as long as I can give glory to Him in my life — in joy or pain — that is good enough for me. Single or not.
That I truly pray for. Joy Sosoban (jsosoban@gmail.com)
3
REFLECTION:
Do you doubt God because of your unanswered prayer?
 
Dear Lord, help me to believe that You are working out what is best for me and will answer me in Your time.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
The nature of the Gospel is that it does not change. What Jesus passed on to His disciples is exactly the same message that we pass on to the next generation of Christians today! Yes, the language in which these truths are expressed may have changed, but the fundamental truths have not. Paul affirms this as he writes to the Corinthian Community and affirms that his message is not something of his own invention or innovation. The means of proclaiming the Gospel may change, but its message is and always will remain immutable.
 
1 Corinthians 15:1-8
1 I am reminding you, brothers and sisters, of the Gospel I preached to you, which you indeed received and in which you also stand. 2 Through it you are also being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. 3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures; 4 that he was buried; that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures; 5 that he appeared to Kephas, then to the Twelve. 6 After that, he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at once, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. 7 After that he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one born abnormally, he appeared to me.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 19:2-3, 4-5
R: Their message goes out through all the earth.
1 [2] The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament proclaims his handiwork. 2 [3] Day pours out the word to day, and night to night imparts knowledge. (R) 3 [4] Not a word nor a discourse whose voice is not heard; 4 [5] through all the earth their voice resounds, and to the ends of the world, their message. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
Jesus tells His disciples that He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. These three descriptions of salvation could be the basis of many reflections. Therefore, let us be aware that it is a great mistake to limit our understanding and expectation of the ways and means by which God will work in our lives. There is nothing limited about our God except that which is logically impossible. God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit will continue to surprise us in our faith walks so long as we remain open to their working in our lives. Let us make a commitment to keep the doors open wide to God so that He can fill us with His goodness, lead us with His truth and transform us in His love.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
I am the way, the truth, and the life, says the Lord; Philip, whoever has seen me has seen the Father.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
John 14:6-14
6 Jesus said to Thomas, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you know me, then you will also know my Father. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” 8 Philip said to him, “Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.” 9 Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you for so long a time and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? 10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I speak to you I do not speak on my own. The Father who dwells in me is doing his works. 11 Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else, believe because of the works themselves. 12 Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me will do the works that I do, and will do greater ones than these, because I am going to the Father. 13 And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14 If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it.”
 
my reflections
think: Let us make a commitment to keep the doors open wide to God so that He can fill us with His goodness, lead us with His truth and transform us in His love.
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 2 Chronicles 19-20
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

THAT WILL BE ENOUGH FOR US
 
 “Pinoy Henyo” of GMA 7’s lunchtime program Eat Bulagahas taken the whole Philippines (and the Pinoy diaspora all over the world) by storm. The game is now played in almost every birthday party, every reunion or Christmas gathering of friends and family where Pinoys find themselves together with plenty of time to spare.
We all know what it is about — basically a search for the exact right word or concept, with only a “yes” or “no” for clues from the teammate. One is always in search and for those who follow a certain logic, they stand greater chances of getting the right answer. But, with logic and all, it all boils down to educated guesswork. Today, our saints of the day remind us about searching and finding. Philip was one “discoverer” who did not keep silent about his big find: “We have found the one about whom Moses wrote.” James, the great apostle, according to long standing tradition, went to far-flung places and implanted the Church in Compostela, Spain, prior to his beheading in Jerusalem under Herod Agrippa. Philip, ever on the quest, had it in him to seek for solutions to whatever predicament he found himself in. He asked that famous question when crowds followed the Lord out in the desert: “Where can we buy enough food to feed them all?”
Philip was in search of what was “enough.” He was on a quest for the ultimate. Today’s Gospel shows us this much: “Master, show us the Father, and that will be enough for us.”
Christian life is a quest for our “enough.” Paul Tillich the philosopher has a big word for this — “ultimate concern” — compared to whom all else pales, and beyond whom there ought to be no other. It is a little like playing “Pinoy Henyo,” except that we are in search, not just for a term or concept that can be answered with a “yes” or “no,” and not just for a few thousand pesos reward.
Searching and finding — this is what we Christians are engaged in. And our quest ends when we find our “enough” — God and His kingdom!  Fr. Chito Dimaranan, SDB
 
Reflection Question:
Have you found your “enough?”
 
Lord, may my heart find its rest in You.
 
St. Philip of Zell, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang 

Sunday (3 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, May 3, 2011”

Post a Comment