Lordie, God's Message For You Today, March 28, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for March 28, 2010

Dear Lordie,

This Sunday, remember that you are hidden in His heart.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

A Note from Tina:
Thank you for your decision to support the work and ministry of your KerygmaFamily. Just in case you're having problems sending your love offering of , please email Tina at support@kerygmafamily.com or call at   (+632) 9312711  (+632) 9312711   or   +639178424101  +639178424101  .

 

 


28
March
Sunday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

PALM SUNDAY
 
Keeping to the mission
 
 
But Jesus said in reply, “Stop, no more of this!” Then he touched the servant’s ear and healed him. – Luke 22:51
 
Up to this point, Jesus’ disciples still do not grasp the true mission of their Master. Our Lord is about to embark on salvation history’s most defining moment and His followers still think it’s about conquering an earthly kingdom. So one of them brings a sword along for protection. He did not hesitate to use it either when Jesus was being arrested. But the Lord would not allow anyone or anything to hinder Him from fulfilling His God-given destiny.
All of us are given roles to play in this life. It is not wise to compare our life to another for this is a guaranteed formula for failure and frustration. We must focus on and actively pursue our own God-given destiny for only then will we be most happy, peaceful and fulfilled.
We will know if we are fulfilling our destiny when we are at peace and if what we are doing is aligned with our God-given passion. The fruits of our actions will determine if we are doing God’s will.Jess Santos (jesus_santos_07@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Is what you are doing now aligned with your God-given passion? Or are you just going through the motions and letting life pass you by?
 
Dear God, help me discover my life mission and grant me all the graces needed to fulfill it, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
The Jews have the tradition of a yearly pilgrimage to Jerusalem for the celebration of Passover. As they would ascend the roads leading to Jerusalem, which is built on top of a hill, they would recite the Psalms of Ascent, and sing joyful songs proclaiming the victory and reign of God over our lives. This is what we are celebrating today — our soon-to-be victorious king over sin and death arriving in the Holy City to play out the events of that victory. Little do the people know what is in store for Jesus, but perhaps we can leave that story to unfold for itself.
 
Isaiah 50:4-7
4 The Lord GOD has given me a well-trained tongue, that I might know how to speak to the weary a word that will rouse them. Morning after morning he opens my ear that I may hear; 5 and I have not rebelled, have not turned back. 6 I gave my back to those who beat me, my cheeks to those who plucked my beard; my face I did not shield from buffets and spitting. 7 The Lord GOD is my help, therefore I am not disgraced; I have set my face like flint, knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 22:8-9, 17-18, 19-20, 23-24
R: My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?
7 [8] All who see me scoff at me; they mock me with parted lips, they wag their heads: 8 [9] “He relied on the LORD; let him deliver him, let him rescue him, if he loves him.” (R) 16 [17] Indeed, many dogs surround me, a pack of evildoers closes in upon me; they have pierced my hands and my feet; 17 [18] I can count all my bones. (R) 18 [19] They divide my garments among them, and for my vesture they cast lots. 19 [20] But you, O LORD, be not far from me; O my help, hasten to aid me. (R) 22 [23] I will proclaim your name to my brethren; in the midst of the assembly I will praise you: 23 [24] “You who fear the Lord, praise him; all you descendants of Jacob, give glory to him; revere him, all you descendants of Israel!” (R)
 
2nd READING
 
This early Christian hymn to Jesus captures the essence of His heart and soul in that it expresses the basis of obedience that governed His life. Jesus is nothing if He is not obedient to His Father. The same is true for us — we will achieve nothing for the Kingdom of God without obedience to the Father’s will. As we reflect upon the Passion of Jesus this week, let us do so within the framework of obedience so that we will grow in our own ability to follow His will.
 
Philippians 2:6-11
6 Christ Jesus, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God something to be grasped. 7 Rather, he emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, coming in human likeness; and found human in appearance, 8 he humbled himself, becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross. 9 Because of this, God greatly exalted him and bestowed on him the name that is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bend, of those in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
 
G O S P E L
Even on the cross and in incredible pain and suffering Jesus is willing to forgive the repentant thief and promise him paradise. Jesus suffers for you and me and He does so willingly. Why? Because He knows that this is the way His Father wants to bring the gift of our salvation to the world. Jesus does it for us and His Father, not Himself. It is this sort of selflessness that we need to learn if we ever hope to be of any use in the Kingdom of God.
 
Luke 22:14-23:56
14 When the hour came, Jesus took his place at table with the apostles. 15 He said to them, “I have eagerly desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer, 16 for, I tell you, I shall not eat it again until there is fulfilment in the kingdom of God.” 17 Then he took a cup, gave thanks, and said, “Take this and share it among yourselves; 18 for I tell you [that] from this time on I shall not drink of the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes.” 19 Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me.” 20 And likewise the cup after they had eaten, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you. 21 “And yet behold, the hand of the one who is to betray me is with me on the table; 22 for the Son of Man indeed goes as it has been determined; but woe to that man by whom he is betrayed.” 23 And they began to debate among themselves who among them would do such a deed. 24 Then an argument broke out among them about which of them should be regarded as the greatest. 25 He said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them and those in authority over them are addressed as ‘Benefactors’; 26 but among you it shall not be so. Rather, let the greatest among you be as the youngest, and the leader as the servant. 27 For who is greater: the one seated at table or the one who serves? Is it not the one seated at table? I am among you as the one who serves. 28 It is you who have stood by me in my trials; 29 and I confer a kingdom on you, just as my Father has conferred one on me, 30 that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom; and you will sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 31 “Simon, Simon, behold Satan has demanded to sift all of you like wheat, 32 but I have prayed that your own faith may not fail; and once you have turned back, you must strengthen your brothers.” 33 He said to him, “Lord, I am prepared to go to prison and to die with you.” 34 But he replied, “I tell you, Peter, before the cock crows this day, you will deny three times that you know me.” 35 He said to them, “When I sent you forth without a money bag or a sack or sandals, were you in need of anything?” “No, nothing,” they replied. 36 He said to them, “But now one who has a money bag should take it, and likewise a sack, and one who does not have a sword should sell his cloak and buy one. 37 For I tell you that this scripture must be fulfilled in me, namely, ‘He was counted among the wicked’; and indeed what is written about me is coming to fulfilment.” 38 Then they said, “Lord, look, there are two swords here.” But he replied, “It is enough!” 39 Then going out he went, as was his custom, to the Mount of Olives, and the disciples followed him. 40 When he arrived at the place he said to them, “Pray that you may not undergo the test.” 41 After withdrawing about a stone’s throw from them and kneeling, he prayed, 42 saying, “Father, if you are willing, take this cup away from me; still, not my will but yours be done.” 43 And to strengthen him an angel from heaven appeared to him. 44 He was in such agony and he prayed so fervently that his sweat became like drops of blood falling on the ground. 45 When he rose from prayer and returned to his disciples, he found them sleeping from grief. 46 He said to them, “Why are you sleeping? Get up and pray that you may not undergo the test.” 47 While he was still speaking, a crowd approached and in front was one of the Twelve, a man named Judas. He went up to Jesus to kiss him. 48 Jesus said to him, “Judas, are you betraying the Son of Man with a kiss?” 49 His disciples realized what was about to happen, and they asked, “Lord, shall we strike with a sword?” 50 And one of them struck the high priest’s servant and cut off his right ear. 51 But Jesus said in reply, “Stop, no more of this!” Then he touched the servant’s ear and healed him. 52 And Jesus said to the chief priests and temple guards and elders who had come for him, “Have you come out as against a robber, with swords and clubs? 53 Day after day I was with you in the temple area, and you did not seize me; but this is your hour, the time for the power of darkness.” 54 After arresting him they led him away and took him into the house of the high priest; Peter was following at a distance. 55 They lit a fire in the middle of the courtyard and sat around it, and Peter sat down with them. 56 When a maid saw him seated in the light, she looked intently at him and said, “This man too was with him.” 57 But he denied it saying, “Woman, I do not know him.” 58 A short while later someone else saw him and said, “You too are one of them”; but Peter answered, “My friend, I am not.” 59 About an hour later, still another insisted, “Assuredly, this man too was with him, for he also is a Galilean.” 60 But Peter said, “My friend, I do not know what you are talking about.” Just as he was saying this, the cock crowed, 61 and the Lord turned and looked at Peter; and Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he had said to him, “Before the cock crows today, you will deny me three times.” 62 He went out and began to weep bitterly. 63 The men who held Jesus in custody were ridiculing and beating him. 64 They blindfolded him and questioned him, saying, “Prophesy! Who is it that struck you?” 65 And they reviled him in saying many other things against him. 66 When day came the council of elders of the people met, both chief priests and scribes, and they brought him before their Sanhedrin. 67 They said, “If you are the Messiah, tell us,” but he replied to them, “If I tell you, you will not believe, 68 and if I question, you will not respond. 69 But from this time on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of God.” 70 They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied to them, “You say that I am.” 71 Then they said, “What further need have we for testimony? We have heard it from his own mouth.” 23: 1 Then the whole assembly of them arose and brought him before Pilate. 2 They brought charges against him, saying, “We found this man misleading our people; he opposes the payment of taxes to Caesar and maintains that he is the Messiah, a king.” 3 Pilate asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?” He said to him in reply, “You say so.” 4 Pilate then addressed the chief priests and the crowds, “I find this man not guilty.” 5 But they were adamant and said, “He is inciting the people with his teaching throughout all Judea, from Galilee where he began even to here.” 6 On hearing this Pilate asked if the man was a Galilean; 7 and upon learning that he was under Herod’s jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod who was in Jerusalem at that time. 8 Herod was very glad to see Jesus; he had been wanting to see him for a long time, for he had heard about him and had been hoping to see him perform some sign. 9 He questioned him at length, but he gave him no answer. 10 The chief priests and scribes, meanwhile, stood by accusing him harshly. 11 Herod and his soldiers treated him contemptuously and mocked him, and after clothing him in resplendent garb, he sent him back to Pilate. 12 Herod and Pilate became friends that very day, even though they had been enemies formerly. 13 Pilate then summoned the chief priests, the rulers, and the people 14 and said to them, “You brought this man to me and accused him of inciting the people to revolt. I have conducted my investigation in your presence andhave not found this man guilty of the charges you have brought against him, 15 nor did Herod, for he sent him back to us. So no capital crime has been committed by him. 16 Therefore I shall have him flogged and then release him.” 17 18 But all together they shouted out, “Away with this man! Release Barabbas to us.” 19 — Now Barabbas had been imprisoned for a rebellion that had taken place in the city and for murder. — 20 Again Pilate addressed them, still wishing to release Jesus, 21 but they continued their shouting, “Crucify him! Crucify him!” 22 Pilate addressed them a third time, “What evil has this man done? I found him guilty of no capital crime. Therefore I shall have him flogged and then release him.” 23 With loud shouts, however, they persisted in calling for his crucifixion, and their voices prevailed. 24 The verdict of Pilate was that their demand should be granted. 25 So he released the man who had been imprisoned for rebellion and murder, for whom they asked, and he handed Jesus over to them to deal with as they wished. 26 As they led him away they took hold of a certain Simon, a Cyrenian, who was coming in from the country; and after laying the cross on him, they made him carry it behind Jesus. 27 A large crowd of people followed Jesus, including many women who mourned and lamented him. 28 Jesus turned to them and said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, do not weep for me; weep instead for yourselves and for your children, 29 for indeed, the days are coming when people will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, the wombs that never bore and the breasts that never nursed.’ 30 At that time people will say to the mountains, ‘Fall upon us!’ and to the hills, ‘Cover us!’ 31 for if these things are done when the wood is green what will happen when it is dry?” 32 Now two others, both criminals, were led away with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, they crucified him and the criminals there, one on his right, the other on his left. 34 Then Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, they know not what they do.” They divided his garments by casting lots. 35 The people stood by and watched; the rulers, meanwhile, sneered at him and said, “He saved others, let him save himself if he is the chosen one, the Messiah of God.” 36 Even the soldiers jeered at him. As they approached to offer him wine 37 they called out, “If you are King of the Jews, save yourself.” 38 Above him there was an inscription that read, “This is the King of the Jews.” 39 Now one of the criminals hanging there reviled Jesus, saying, “Are you not the Messiah? Save yourself and us.” 40 The other, however, rebuking him, said in reply, “Have you no fear of God, for you are subject to the same condemnation? 41 And indeed, wehave been condemned justly, for the sentence we received corresponds to our crimes, but this man has done nothing criminal.” 42 Then he said, “Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom.” 43 He replied to him, “Amen, I say to you, today you will be with me in Paradise.” 44 It was now about noon and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon 45 because of an eclipse of the sun. Then the veil of the temple was torn down the middle. 46 Jesus cried out in a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commend my spirit”; and when he had said this he breathed his last. 47 The centurion who witnessed what had happened glorified God and said, “This man was innocent beyond doubt.” 48 When all the people who had gathered for this spectacle saw what had happened, they returned home beating their breasts; 49 but all his acquaintances stood at a distance, including the women who had followed him from Galilee and saw these events. 50 Now there was a virtuous and righteous man named Joseph who, though he was a member of the council, 51 had not consented to their plan of action. He came from the Jewish town of Arimathea and was awaiting the kingdom of God. 52 He went to Pilate and asked for the body of Jesus. 53 After he had taken the body down, he wrapped it in a linen cloth and laid him in a rock-hewn tomb in which no one had yet been buried. 54 It was the day of preparation, and the Sabbath was about to begin. 55 The women who had come from Galilee with him followed behind, and when they had seen the tomb and the way in which his body was laid in it, 56 they returned and prepared spices and perfumed oils. Then they rested on the Sabbath according to the commandment.
 
my reflections
t h i n k : As we reflect upon the Passion of Jesus this week, let us do so within the framework of obedience so that we will grow in our own ability to follow His will.
 
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Exodus 19-21  
SABBATH PAUSE
My weekly time with God
THANK YOU LIST
Things to be grateful for from the past week
________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
SPECIAL NEEDS
Things to ask God for in the coming week
________________________________________________________________
_________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________
HIDDEN TREASURE
Most important word God told me this week
________________________________________________________________
 
________________________________________________________________
 
________________________________________________________________
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

“Fast track Sunday ”
 
This is the Sunday of two Gospels. The first recalls the story of Jesus’ entrance to the city of Jerusalem, and the main Gospel makes us relive the last days of Jesus leading to His Passion in the city of Jerusalem. The liturgy, so to say, makes us think in a “fast track” manner about the story of Holy Week which we begin to celebrate today. This observation made me think so many times: why does the Church not allow for a slow, dramatic build-up of the Passion story, something similar to the suspense technique of the famous telenovelas?
I found the answer in the Gospel tradition. Let us recall that on several occasions, after He performed marvellous signs and wonders that impressed on the disciples, Jesus told the disciples not to tell anyone about such miracles and marvels. Biblicists refer to these as “messianic secrets.” Jesus imposed these on the disciples not like a “press ban,” but more like a pedagogical exhortation — one should wait, and one should see the Passion-Resurrection. The Passion-Resurrection of Jesus is not just the climax of His earthly story, but is the prism through which we have to properly reflect and refract His whole Gospel.
The entrance of Jesus to Jerusalem which we recall today has to be read together with the Passion narrative so that we will always realize that Jesus’ way to glory is not the human way of praise, self-serving acclamation and “triumphal-ism” but the God-ordained path of redeeming sacrifice. Divine grace is not cheap blessing, but one that comes with faith and surrender to the Father’s mysterious Will. Learning this wisdom of God, the apostle Paul who once was a Pharisee, wrote: “We preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles, but for those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God” (1 Corinthians 1:23-24).Fr. Domie Guzman, SSP
 
Reflection Question:
How well do you appreciate the paradox and mystery of God’s way? Are you able to walk in faith and hope through both moments of glory and moments of difficulties? Pray before a crucifix today and ask Jesus for the anointing of godly wisdom that comes from His Cross.
 
Enlighten my mind, O Lord, so that I may accept the wisdom of Your ways.
 
Sts. Castor and Dorotheus, pray for us.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

 

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

 

Pasig

Sunday

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

Preacher: Bo Sanchez

 

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club

Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Preacher: Eng Si

 

South

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.     

Cinema 10, Festival Mall, Alabang                       
Preacher: Arun Gogna         

Rizal
Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.                     
Valley Fair,  Taytay,Rizal                             Preacher: Pio Espanol

 

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m.

San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

Preacher:  Chito Manaois

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Roofdeck, Prestige Tower,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City           
Preacher: Vic Espanol

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Preachers: Randy Borromeo and George Gabriel

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila         
Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Angeles

1st & 3rd Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.

Professional Bldg., Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City                              Preacher: Marvin Tan

 

Laguna

Saturday, arter the 4:00 pm Mass - 6:30 pm.                       
2/F Activity Center, Pavillion Mall, Km. 35 San Antonio, Binan, Laguna

Preacher: Hermie Morelos

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan Preacher: Alvin Barcelona 

 

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

8. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

9. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

10. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

11. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

12. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

13. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, March 28, 2010”

Post a Comment