Lordie, God's Message For You Today, December 15, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for December 15, 2011

Dear Lordie,

Be blessed by His Creative Word this Thursday!

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

A Note from Tina:
Thank you for your decision to support the work and ministry of your KerygmaFamily. Just in case you're having problems sending your love offering of , please email Tina at support@kerygmafamily.com or call at   (+632) 9312711  (+632) 9312711   or   +639178424101  +639178424101  .

 

 


15
December
Thursday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

RECYCLED SERVANT
 
The Lord calls you back... – Isaiah 54:6
 
I felt like a has-been Christian leader. To add insult to injury, one of my former spiritual leaders called people like me a “recycled servant” of the Lord. Ouch.
After a crisis with my commitment in a community I served in for most of my life, I didn’t know where to go next. I was a blank slate, which was good because I could reinvent myself to be anything. My big problem was I didn’t know who I wanted to be. Or more crucially, who God wanted me to be.
But while I had run out of plans, God’s purpose for me was spot-on. Instead of being cast away like a useless piece of rag as I had feared, the Lord turned my crisis into an opportunity for greater growth and reach in my life and ministry.
Nope, He wasn’t finished with me yet. In fact, He had only begun another chapter — grander and more exciting than the previous ones in my life.
Friend, when you think you’re down to nothing, God is up to something. His plan for you is grander than your wildest dreams. He’s not just the God of “recycled servants”; He’s the God who makes all things new!Rissa Singson-Kawpeng (justbreatherissa@gmail.com)
15
REFLECTION:
The God I believe in is a god of second chances.” (Pres. Bill Clinton)
 
Dear Lord, when I make a mess of my life, come and set me on the right path.                                                 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
God promised His people that even though they may be barren and without a husband, He will be the one to satisfy their deepest needs. We often long for many things and at times feel disappointed when God does not grant us exactly what we ask for. Let us be open instead to what God wants to give us and not always demand what we want as though we are the ones who know what is ultimately best for us.
 
Isaiah 54:1-10
1 Raise a glad cry, you barren one who did not bear, break forth in jubilant song, you who were not in labor, for more numerous are the children of the deserted wife than the children of her who has a husband, says the LORD. 2 Enlarge the space for your tent, spread out your tent cloths unsparingly; lengthen your ropes and make firm your stakes. 3 For you shall spread abroad to the right and to the left; your descendants shall dispossess the nations and shall people the desolate cities. 4 Fear not, you shall not be put to shame; you need not blush, for you shall not be disgraced. The shame of your youth you shall forget, the reproach of your widowhood no longer remember. 5 For he who has become your husband is your Maker; his name is the LORD of hosts; your redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, called God of all the earth. 6 The LORD calls you back, like a wife forsaken and grieved in spirit, a wife married in youth and then cast off, says your God. 7 For a brief moment I abandoned you, but with great tenderness I will take you back. 8 In an outburst of wrath, for a moment I hid my face from you; but with enduring love I take pity on you, says the LORD, your redeemer. 9 This is for me like the days of Noah, when I swore that the waters of Noah should never again deluge the earth; so I have sworn not to be angry with you, or to rebuke you. 10 Though the mountains leave their place and the hills be shaken, my love shall never leave you nor my covenant of peace be shaken, says the LORD, who has mercy on you.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalms 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11-12, 13
R: I will praise you, Lord, for you have rescued me.
1 [2] I will extol you, O LORD, for you drew me clear and did not let my enemies rejoice over me. 3 [4] O LORD, you brought me up from the nether world; you preserved me from among those going down into the pit. (R) 4 [5] Sing praise to the LORD, you his faithful ones, and give thanks to his holy name. 5 [6] For his anger lasts but a moment; a lifetime, his good will. At nightfall, weeping enters in, but with the dawn, rejoicing. (R) 10 [11] “Hear, O LORD, and have pity on me; O LORD, be my helper.” 11 [12] You changed my mourning into dancing; 12 [13] O LORD, my God, forever will I give you thanks. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
Prepare the way of the Lord, make straight his paths: All flesh shall see the salvation of God.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
Jesus proclaims that there has never been a prophet greater than John the Baptist. He never worked any miracles or performed any signs and wonders to amaze the people and His ministry, in a way, was unexciting and uneventful. All he did was call people to repentance in anticipation of the coming of the Messiah. John’s greatness lies in the one who was to follow and to whom he gave witness with his very life. He was the forerunner to the Son of God and the last of all the prophets as now God Himself had come to be with His people.
 
 
Luke 7:24-30
24 When the messengers of John the Baptist had left, Jesus began to speak to the crowds about John. “What did you go out to the desert to see — a reed swayed by the wind? 25 Then what did you go out to see? Someone dressed in fine garments? Those who dress luxuriously and live sumptuously are found in royal palaces. 26 Then what did you go out to see? A prophet? Yes, I tell you, and more than a prophet. 27 This is the one about whom scripture says: ‘Behold, I am sending my messenger ahead of you, he will prepare your way before you.’ 28 I tell you, among those born of women, no one is greater than John; yet the least in the kingdom of God is greater than he.” 29 (All the people who listened, including the tax collectors, and who were baptized with the baptism of John, acknowledged the righteousness of God; 30 but the Pharisees and scholars of the law, who were not baptized by him, rejected the plan of God for themselves.)
 
my reflections
t h i n k : G od promised His people that even though they may be barren and without a husband, He will be the one to satisfy their deepest needs.
 

 

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 1 Timothy 4-6


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

The Greatness of Humility
 
There was an accident and a man lay unconscious by the road. As the crowd gathered around, a gentleman approached, trying to see what he could do to help the man. Then from behind, a woman’s voice was heard, “Step back, everyone. I know CPR. I’m the one he needs right now.” The gentleman gave way and said, “I’m glad there’s someone who could administer CPR here. By the way, I’m a doctor. If you need my help, I’ll be right behind you.”
It’s a paradox that those who have little knowledge are the ones who think they know everything. And those who know so much are the ones who understand that they still know too little. Just think back when you were still a teenager. Oh, I remember the arrogance of my youth. Just at the threshold of discovering new things, I thought I knew everything. I remember reading someone defining adolescence as “that time of our life when you wonder why everyone is wrong and only you get it right.” I resented that definition so much that I still remember it today. But now, far beyond my adolescent days, I can only nod in embarrassed agreement.
When I was ordained in 1996, I felt I was ready to conquer the world and offer it the fresh wisdom of a newly ordained. Fifteen years into the ministry, I realize I have offered so little and there is still much to learn.
Today, Jesus pays tribute to John the Baptist. Reading the Scriptures, it seems like he knew so little. Unlike Paul and the other Evangelist who wrote extensively about Jesus, John didn’t have much going for him. And yet we can see from Scriptures that he knew enough — he knew that which matters. He was the first one to recognize and point out to Jesus as the Lamb of God. No wonder Jesus reserved for him the greatest tribute ever said of man by God, “No man born of woman is greater than John.” Like the doctor in our story, let us strive to be knowledgeable. Like him and John in the Gospel, let us be humble, for only the humble recognizes that which is worth knowing, and that there is always much to learn in this life and beyond. Fr. Joel O. Jason
 
Reflection Question:
Rice grains, when empty, stand straight and tall. Those which have something inside are the ones that are bowed down to the ground.
 
Lord Jesus, Emmanuel, born poor and yet a King, inspire me to aspire for the greatness of humility. Amen.
 
St. Nino, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Join BO in his 10-day Holy Land Pilgrimage this February 7, 2012. Walk where Jesus walked and be very blessed. For more details, click here

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  KERYGMA TV now airs every Sunday at 8 a.m. on IBC 13.

2.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (3 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City ( 2 sessions)

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils and Water Management,

Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang (4 sessions)

Sunday

      11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

        1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

        4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.  

Wednesday  7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.  

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM City Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay (2 sessions)

Sunday  8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

            10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas (2 sessions)

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City

Sunday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Meralco Fitness Hall, Meralco Compound,

Ortigas Center, Pasig City      

 

Makati (2 sessions)

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Sunday, 10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

Cinema 2, Makati Square

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

               7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Sucat

Friday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Sucat

 

Baliuag

Saturday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

Bonifacio Global City

Saturday 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.

Mercato Centrale, 8th Ave. cor 34th St. BGC

 

Antipolo

Saturday 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

Eduardo's Taptapan Restaurant Circumferential Road

Brgy. San Roque, Antipolo City

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

8. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

9. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

10. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

11. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

12. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, December 15, 2011”

Post a Comment