Lordie, God's Message For You Today, July 13, 2011

Daily Bible Reflections
for July 13, 2011

Dear Lordie,

God will never leave you. This Wednesday is no different.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez

PS. Do you live in the Philippines? Sign up for Bo's weekly  cellphone message. This is FREE. (That is why you have to live in the Philippines to sign up for this service.)

Text:   BOSEZ_<your full name>_ <your email address> and send to any of the following numbers: Globe (09178494444); Smart (09088949999); Sun (09228945555)

And you'll start receiving Bo's inspiring message to encourage you, guide you, and bless your week.

 

13
July
Wednesday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN A 5TH GRADER?
 
“I praise you, Father... because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.” – Matthew 11:25
 
My daughter Frances was about three years old when she asked, “Dad, why are there TV ads urging viewers to buy cigarettes and after they’ll say, ‘Cigarette smoking is dangerous to your health’?” I felt that the Mystery of the Trinity was far easier to explain than this one. So I simply said, “I guess grownups aren’t as smart as they pretend to be.”
What I love about children is that they have a lot of wisdom called “common sense.” They keep simple things simple. When adults want to justify a sin, when they refuse to break free from a harmful habit, when they don’t admit fault, when they resist the humility needed to restore a relationship, their common excuse is, “It’s complicated…”
Robert Fulghum was right when he said it all in the title of his book, All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. Kindergarten counsels make perfect sense: Share the cookie. Always tell the truth. When you cross the street, hold hands. When it’s not yours, don’t take it. When you get something, return it where you got it. When you have wronged someone, say you’re sorry.
We may be smarter than a fifth grader but are we wiser? Jon Escoto (faithatworkjon@gmail.com)
 
REFLECTION:
Are you currently in a “complicated” situation? Maybe taking on the mind of a child can simplify your perspectives and make you see your situation simply as it is.
 
Father, may I remember that I am Your child. May I regain the sense of wonder and the simple wisdom that You planted in my heart.
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
When God called Moses to be His spokesman to lead the Israelites to freedom, God had already decided what He was going to do. It was not Moses who was going to free his people but God. Likewise, when God calls us to serve Him, it is He who will do the work. All we need to do is listen to Him and obey.
 
Exodus 3:1-6, 9-12
1 Moses was tending the flock of his father-in-law Jethro, the priest of Midian. Leading the flock across the desert, he came to Horeb, the mountain of God. 2 There an angel of the LORD appeared to him in fire flaming out of a bush. As he looked on, he was surprised to see that the bush, though on fire, was not consumed. 3 So Moses decided, “I must go over to look at this remarkable sight, and see why the bush is not burned.” 4 When the LORD saw him coming over to look at it more closely, God called out to him from the bush, “Moses! Moses!” He answered, “Here I am.” 5 God said, “Come no nearer! Remove the sandals from your feet, for the place where you stand is holy ground. 6 I am the God of your father,” he continued, “the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, the God of Jacob.” 9 The cry of the children of Israel has reached me, and I have truly noted that the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 Come, now! I will send you to Pharaoh to lead my people, the children of Israel, out of Egypt.” 11 But Moses said to God, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and lead the children of Israel out of Egypt?” 12 He answered, “I will be with you; and this shall be your proof that it is I who have sent you: when you bring my people out of Egypt, you will worship God on this very mountain.”
 
P S A L M
Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 6-7
R: The Lord is kind and merciful.
1 Bless the LORD, O my soul; and all my being, bless his holy name. 2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits. (R) 3 He pardons all your iniquities, he heals all your ills. 4 He redeems your life from destruction, he crowns you with kindness and compassion. (R) 6 The LORD secures justice and the rights of all the oppressed. 7 He has made known his ways to Moses, and his deeds to the children of Israel. (R)
 
G O S P E L
 
Jesus often used children to illustrate how we should relate to God our Heavenly Father. Children have a deep trust and confidence in their parents and do not worry where the money and food will come from. So we, too, should have a deep trust and confidence in God to care for us.
 
ALLELUIA
R: Alleluia, alleluia
Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom.
R: Alleluia, alleluia
 
Matthew 11:25-27
25 At that time Jesus exclaimed: “I give praise to you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for although you have hidden these
things from the wise and the learned you have revealed them to the childlike. 26 Yes, Father, such has been your gracious will. 27 All things have been handed over to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son wishes to reveal him.”
 
my reflections
t h i n k : When God calls us to serve Him, it is He who will do the work. All we need to do is listen to Him and obey.
 
God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
 
_______________________________________________________
 
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR Psalm 105-110
 
 
 
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

God Is LIKE a Sea
 
My mother originated from Ilocos Sur, a village located by the shores of the South China Sea. When we were young, we loved going there during school breaks — oftentimes in December and May. We cherished bonding times in a wooden ancestral house built by my mother’s great grandfather using wide hardwood slab floors. We also enjoyed eating the bounty of fruits — papayas, mangoes, guyabanos, guavas — picked from fruit trees that my maternal grandmother planted. Of course, not to be missed was the regular dip into the salty waters of the sea. It was fun, relaxing and therapeutic.
In May, the waters of the South China Sea can get treacherous. Waves would be strong and big, depending on the lunar cycle. There were times when the undercurrents were dangerous. While standing with my feet on the sandy bottom of the sea, I could feel the waves sucking the sand from under my feet. And before I knew it, I would be in deep waters.
There was one occasion when I was pulled into the deep. Waves sucked my feet and my body into the open sea. The deep waters and the strong waves made my every stride towards the shore seem futile. I began to panic, especially because I was not a good swimmer. Good thing I had presence of mind. Instead of fighting to reach the shore, I abandoned myself to the strong waves. I raised my feet, relaxed my body and kept myself afloat with arms spread wide as I looked up to the blue sky. I allowed the strong waves to carry me closer to shore where, on shallower waters, I managed to stand up and walk to safety.
The ways of God are wide and deep, mysterious and threatening like the sea. The more we resist Him and try to do things our way, the harder it could be for us. Instead, let us open wide our arms and let Him carry us to where He wants to bring us! Fr. Domie Guzman, SSP
 
Reflection Question:
Recall a moment in life when you managed to survive, not by struggling and fighting out your way, but by a candid and sweet surrender.
 
Lord, when I am sinking into deep holes in life, grant me the grace to surrender my situation into Your hands and allow You to carry me to the light. Amen.
 
St. Teresa de los Andes, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

PICC

Sunday (2 sessions)

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.

PICC, Roxas Blvd.

 

Pasig

Sunday (2 sessions)

10:00 a.m. - 12 noon

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

 

Saturday 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

GT-Toyota Asian Center, Magsaysay St. cor. Katipunan Ave.

 

Alabang 

Sunday (3 sessions)

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m. 

1:30 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. 

4:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.     

2/L X-site Entrance, Festival Mall, Alabang 

Tel. No. 659-8299            

          

Laguna

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n.

Cinema 1, SM Sta. Rosa, Laguna

 

Cavite

Sunday 10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

Cinema 5, Robinson's Mall, Imus, Cavite

 

Taytay

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.

Valley Fair Arcade, Ortigas Ext. Taytay, Rizal

Valenzuela

Sunday 1:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Valenzuela, Valenzuela

Contact no. 09175789554

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

Cinema 3, Robinsons Galleria,

F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City            

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

 

Manila (2 sessions)

Friday, 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m

            7:00 p.m.. - 10:00 p.m.

Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila        

 

  

Marilao (3 sessions)

Friday  5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Barcelona Academy, Marilao, Bulacan

Saturday, 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.

                7:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan 

 

Baliuag

Saturday 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

Cinema 1, SM Baliuag, Bulacan

Contact no. 09175332756/2920044

 

Cardona

Saturday 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

Queen Mary Help of Christians Hospital, National Road, Calahan, Cardona

 

CEBU

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.

CAP Auditorium, Cebu City

Contact nos. 4128142/09212413801/09232908009

 

DAVAO 

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.

4/L Alexian Brothers Health and Wellness Center, Matina, Davao City

Contact nos. 0822865081/0922251822

 2. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 3. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

4. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

5. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

6. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

7. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

8. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

9. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

10. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

11. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (+632) 9312711      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or   + 639178424101 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              + 639178424101      end_of_the_skype_highlighting    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, July 13, 2011”

Post a Comment