Lordie, God's Message For You Today, February 25, 2010

Daily Bible Reflections
for February 25, 2010

Dear Lordie,

Follow Him all the way this Thursday.

Praying for you,

Bo Sanchez


25
February
Thursday
TODAY'S READINGS:

DIDACHE | COMPANION | SABBATH
DIDACHE

 

THE GOLDEN RUL E
 
“Do to others whatever you would have them do to you.” – Matthew 7:12
 
“Don’t rely on people too much. When you have nothing to give, they will desert you,” my dad told me. During his better days, my dad was generous to his friends and workmates. But when the restaurant where he worked closed down, leaving him jobless and with a house amortization, his so-called friends avoided and abandoned him.
I also had my better days and I became a blessing to many people. But when I retired early to pursue my dreams, my finances started to dwindle because I had to build my new career from scratch. For some time, I kept my real financial situation from people and even my friends for fear that they might abandon me too. But I was wrong.
My friends did not desert me. They extended help, even without me asking for it. They treated me out for lunch, gave me cell phone load, or shared in my gasoline expense and parking fee. For them, these were probably ordinary acts of kindness. The cost may be immaterial but, for me, it was priceless because they gave their heart with it. Thanks to my friends, I have witnessed the golden rule in action. Judith Concepcion (svp_jmc@yahoo.com)
 
REFLECTION:
How are you living the golden rule? Do you help because you expect something in return?
 
Lord God, engrave in my heart the desire to be always of service to my neighbor. Bless me more so I can bless others more.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

COMPANION

 

1st READING
 
One of the challenges that we face in repenting of our sins is true honesty with ourselves. This means that we have to face the truth about our lives which, many times, is not all that attractive when we are dealing with sin. Sin is ugly and horrible and its consequences are often seemingly worse for others than they are for us. We have to do our best to repair the wrong we have done, if possible, once we realize it.
 
Esther C:12, 14-16, 23-25
28 [C:12] Queen Esther, seized with mortal anguish, likewise had recourse to the Lord. 30 [C:14] She lay prostrate upon the ground, together with her handmaids, from morning until evening, and said: Help me, who am alone and have no help but you, 31 [C:15] for I am taking my life in my hand. 32 [C:16] As a child I was wont to hear from the people of the land of my forefathers that you, O Lord, chose Israel from among all peoples, and our fathers from among all their ancestors, as a lasting heritage, and that you fulfilled all your promises to them. 39 [C:23] Be mindful of us, O Lord. Manifest yourself in the time of our distress and give me courage, King of gods and Ruler of every power. 40 [C:24] Put in my mouth persuasive words in the presence of the lion, and turn his heart to hatred for our enemy, so that he and those who are in league with him may perish. 41 [C:25] Save us from the hand of our enemies; turn our mourning into gladness and our sorrows into wholeness.
 
P S A L M
 
Psalm 138:1-2ab, 2cde-3, 7c-8
R: Lord, on the day I called for help, you answered me.
1 I will give thanks to you, O LORD, with all my heart, for you have heard the words of my mouth; in the presence of the angels I will sing your praise; 2 I will worship at your holy temple and give thanks to your name. (R) Because of your kindness and your truth; for you have made great above all things your name and your promise. 3 When I called, you answered me; you built up strength within me. (R) 7 Your right hand saves me. 8 The LORD will complete what he has done for me; your kindness, O LORD, endures forever; forsake not the work of your hands. (R)
 
G O S P E L
God will not hold back His gifts from us if we ask according to His will. It is important that we are not asking for something that is selfish. If that is the case, I doubt God will give it to us. What God promises in texts like this is that anything that will bring about His will that all people be saved is probably going to be on His gift list for us. What are the desires of my heart? Do they coincide with God’s desire for the salvation of all?
 
Matthew 7:7-12
7 Jesus said to his disciples: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. 9 Which one of you would hand his son a stone when he asks for a loaf of bread, 10 or a snake when he asks for a fish? 11 If you then, who are wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask him. 12 “Do to others whatever you would have them do to you. This is the law and the prophets.”
 
my reflections
t h i n k : What are the desires of my heart? Do they coincide with God’s desire for the salvation of all?
 
_________________________________________________________

God’s special verse/thought for me today________________
_________________________________________________________

T O D A Y ’ S BLESSING LIST
Thank You Lord for: ____________________________________
_______________________________________________________
READ THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR  2 Peter 1-3  
 
 
2 Peter 1-3


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

SABBATH

 

“I have No One but You ”
Queen Esther had been informed that on the 13th day of the month, all her fellow Jews in the empire would be massacred. She was asked to appear before her husband, the king, and intercede for her people. But to appear before the king without being summoned could become the cause of her execution, so strict was it in old Persia. This is the context of today’s first reading. It is one of the most beautiful prayers we find in the Bible. It is a prayer that can become a model for our prayers.
Why is it such a beautiful prayer?
Esther, even though she is a queen, is humble. She knows that without God she cannot do anything. “I am alone and have no one but you,” she said at the end.
Her prayer is honest. She does not pretend to be humble, no, she is humble. And what does God love more than humility and a humble prayer? Remember Jesus’ parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector going to the Temple to pray? The Pharisee brags and tells God how good he is. The tax collector, on the other hand, does not dare to look up but just says, “Have mercy on me, a sinner.” And Jesus praises him and his humble prayer.
It takes courage to be humble because pride lurks in all our hearts. No, humility is not weakness. Humility is strength. It is the self-emptying of our hearts, the spiritual “undressing” until we stand naked and empty before God and can only say with Queen Esther, “I am alone and have no one but you. I am standing before you with  empty hands. I totally depend on your fatherly love, compassion, mercy and generosity.”
That’s the prayer that touches God’s heart because it reflects the attitude of God’s Son. He humbled Himself, saying, “I am meek and humble of heart”; He did not come to be served but to serve; and, in the words of St. Paul, He emptied Himself to become one of us. It would be good to begin our imitation of Christ by imitating first and foremost His humility. Fr. Rudy Horst, SVD
 
 
Reflection Question:
Is my prayer humble? Do I tell God how good I am or do I stand before God empty-handed?
 
Lord, the humble prayer of Esther has touched me profoundly. May I be able to pray in future like her. Because who and what am I without You?
 
Blessed Constantius, pray for us.
 


Didache
| Companion | Sabbath | Top

 

Watch Bo inspire you in 
Preacher in Blue Jeans

Do You Want Your Friend To Receive This Email?
Friend's Email:

1.  The FEAST is the one of the happiest places on earth.

Find one near you!

 Pasig 

Sunday
8 a.m.-10 a.m.
10:30 a.m.-12:30noon
1 p.m.-3 p.m.
Valle Verde Country Club (Beside ULTRA)
Preacher: Bo Sanchez

Pasig

Sunday

8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.

10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.

1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA)

Preacher: Bo Sanchez

 

4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.

Valle Verde Country Club

Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Quezon City

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 12 n.n. Convention Hall, Bureau of Soils, Visayas Ave., Q.C.

Preacher: Eng Si

 

South

Sunday

11:00 a.m - 12:30 p.m.        3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.      Cinema 10, Festival Mall, Alabang                        Preacher: Arun Gogna 

Rizal

Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Valley Fair, Taytay, Rizal Preacher: Pio Espanol

 

Bustos

Sunday 2:30 p.m - 5:30 p.m. San isidro labrador Parish, Liciada, Bustos

Preacher:  Chito Manaois

 

Ortigas

Monday 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. Roofdeck, Prestige Tower, F. Ortigas Ave., Pasig City Preacher: Vic Espanol

 

Makati

Thursday, 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m. AIM Conference Center, Benavidez cor Paseo de Roxas

Preachers: Randy Borromeo and George Gabriel

 

Manila

Friday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. Cinema 4, SM Manila (near City Hall), Manila          Preacher: Obet Cabrillas

 

Angeles

1st & 3rd Friday, 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. Professional Bldg., Angeles University Foundation, Angeles City                              Preacher: Marvin Tan

 

Laguna

Saturday, arter the 4:00 pm Mass - 6:30 pm.                   2/F Activity Center, Pavillion Mall, Km. 35 San Antonio, Binan, Laguna

Preacher: Hermie Morelos

 

Marilao

Saturday, 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Cinema 2, SM Marilao, Bulacan Preacher: Alvin Barcelona 

 

 

2. Wake up to the new KERYGMA TV! on TV5!

On a new time slot - Sundays 6-7 a.m.

PLUS...

MUSTARD (for kids) Saturdays 6-7 a.m

FISHBOWL (for the youth) Saturdays 7-8 a.m.

3. Need Counseling? 

Call a friend for counseling at  09228407031, 7266728, 7264709, and 7259999 Mon-Fri 24-hrs, Sat 6am-5pm, Sun 6am-10am.

 4. Free Kerygma Magazine (the one on paper) from Bo.

If you're a KerygmaFamily member who regularly supports this ministry with at least P300 or US$20 a month - you'll be receiving a one-year subscription of the KerygmaMagazine in the mail-automatically!

If you haven't signed up for KerygmaFamily, join now!

http://www.kerygmafamily.com

5. Its now easy to DONATE using the new GlobeTelecom GCASH at http://kerygmafamily.com.

6. DONATE using SMART MONEY - type KFAM_amount and send to 270

7. K-FAM INTERCESSORY GATHERING

We invite you to join us to worship the Almighty, listen to sharing about the power of prayer and to God?s message through talks, and also to pray for healing.

Every 4th Sunday of the month from 7:45 - 10:00 a.m. at the Baras Room,  Valle Verde Country Club (beside The ULTRA),  Pasig City. After this, you may join the 2nd session of the The Feast (10:30-12:30).

BE THERE TO GLORIFY GOD! BE BLESSED! BE A BLESSING! Admission is FREE!

Let us know you are coming!

Contact persons: Luisa   0918-4404330     0906-3413557    / 632-533-3874 or Me-Ann   0919-3796559    0917-4066592     / 632-714-0429

8. Put Preacher in Blue Jeans in your Blog or Friendster! Just copy the text in under next to the EMBED keyword under the video. Just like YOUTUBE!

9. Did you receive this email from someone else? To get Bo Sanchez to send it to you personally, log-on to http://kerygmafamily.com.
Lots of surprises await.

10. To change your KerygmaFamily member/email settings. Please click here

11. To enter the Audio & Video Teachings, Please click here

12. Forward these to your friends - so they too can read God's Word and be invited to join the KerygmaFamily. They'll Thank you for opening this mountain of blessings to them!

13. Contact Person: Tina   (+632) 9312711    or&nb sp;  + 639178424101    or support@kerygmafamily.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No response to “Lordie, God's Message For You Today, February 25, 2010”

Post a Comment